Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Never Leave Me

Title: Never Leave Me

Series: Waters of Time #2

Author: Jody Hedlund

Genre: Time Travel, Science Fiction, Christian Fiction, Historical Fiction, Fantasy

Publisher:Revell

Source: Library

My review:

I enjoyed Never Leave Me, the second installment of the Waters of Time series by Jody Hedlund.

While it could act as a stand-alone, I highly recommend reading the first book, Come Back to Me first.

I had such high expectations for this book after the first one, so I admit to being disappointed in the book. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it wasn't great. I like Ellen and Harrison, and I like them together. However, the lack of communication drove me nuts. As long as they have known each other, they should be able to speak frankly with each other.

I also thought some parts of the book were slow, some were underdeveloped, and the book could have concluded sooner. The best way to describe it is the writing could have been tighter. 

Hedlund has set the ending up for another book. While I was underwhelmed with this one, I will still give the third book a try.

★★★/5

Synopsis:

In the last stages of a genetic disease, Ellen Creighton has decided to live out her remaining days at the estate of her longtime friend Harrison Burlington. Harrison cares deeply for Ellen, but as a wheelchair-bound paraplegic, he's never allowed himself to get serious in a relationship. However, he's desperately trying to save her by finding the holy water that is believed to heal any disease.

When he locates two flasks, Ellen refuses to drink one of them because she believes the holy water killed her sister and father. In an effort to convince her to take it, Harrison ingests the contents first, and when Ellen witnesses the effects, she can no longer deny the power of the substance in the bottles. Dangerous criminals are also seeking the holy water, and Ellen soon learns they will go to any lengths to get the powerful drug--including sending her back into the past to find it for them.

Bestselling and award-winning author Jody Hedlund plunges you into the swiftly flowing river of history in a race against the clock in this breathtaking, emotional second Waters of Time story.

4 comments:

  1. At least you liked this one well enough to want to read the next book in this series, though it's too bad it wasn't quite as good as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the premise very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall and want to continue the series.

    ReplyDelete