Friday, July 2, 2021

First Line Friday #7- The Scarlet Pen

Happy Friday! And Happy Fourth of July weekend.๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐Ÿงจ This week I am blessed to be posting from my sister's house in TN๐Ÿ˜€ What are you doing this weekend?

Welcome to First Line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books!! It’s time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. This week I am sharing from The Scarlet Pen by Jennifer Uhlarik. The Scarlet Pen is book #12 in the True Colors series.

Mount Pleasant, Ohio January 20, 1876

No sooner did the last notes of the closing hymn, "Precious Name," fade after the Sunday service than Emma Draycott allowed Stephen to pull her behind the Methodist church building.

Your turn! Grab the book nearest you and post the first line in the comments!Hoarding Books

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting for The Scarlet Pen to arrive!

    My first line for July 2 is from The Chase by Lisa Harris:
    Madison James burned through the final sixty seconds of her workout on the stationary bike, then released a slow breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be reading The Chase in July as well :)

      Delete