Friday, August 6, 2021

Then There Was You

Title: Then There Was You

Author: Kara Isaac

Narrator: Angela Dawe

Publisher: Tantor Audio

Genre: Contemporary Fiction, Christian Fiction, Romance

My Review:

 This is the first book that I have read by Kara Isaac and it won't be the last. This one has been on my TBR list for quite some time and I am trying to find time to knock some of them out, so I have started listening to audio books to help. I loved the narrator's voice and felt she did a phenomenal job with this book.

Paige is a fantastic character. She has a great sense of humor, says whatever comes to mind without thinking it through, and despite the hardships she has endured, maintains a positive attitude. She has to confront many of her prejudices/stereotypes in this book and finds that things are not always what they seem.

Josh is another great character. While he seems like the perfect preacher's son, he has secrets of his own, and these are a stumbling block in his friendship with Paige. Will they be able to overcome the issues they both have, or are they destined to be frenemies forever?

I lost count of how many times this book made me laugh out loud. It was the perfect audio book for a long drive. It was engaging, witty, original, and you could physically see what the author was saying (which is not my strong suit)! She painted vivid word pictures throughout the story. There are some deeply emotional scenes in the book as well which are also brilliantly and tenderly done. The chemistry between Paige and Josh is sizzling and swoon-worthy! From the witty banter, emotional poignancy, swoon-worthy scenes, and faith seamlessly woven throughout, this is a story not to be missed. 

Such a fun read!

I listened to this book through Hoopla for my own amusement, so obviously, all thoughts and opinions are my own 😀

★★★★★/5-going on my favorites list!

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Would you give up everything for a life you hate with the person you love?

Paige McAllister needs to do something drastic. Her boyfriend can’t even commit to living in the same country, her promised promotion is dead on arrival and the simultaneous loss of her brother and her dream of being a concert violinist has kept her playing life safe and predictable for six years. Things need to change. A moment of temporary insanity finds her leaving her life in Chicago to move to Sydney, Australia. There she finds herself, against many of her convictions, as a logistics planner for one of Australia’s biggest churches, and on a collision course with her boss’s son.

Josh Tyler fronts a top-selling worship band and is in demand all over the world. But his past failed romantic relationships almost destroyed both his reputation and his family. He's determined to never risk it happening again. The last thing he needs is some American girl tipping his ordered life upside down. Especially one who despises everything he’s ever worked for and manages to push every button he has.

When Josh and Paige are thrown together to organize his band’s next tour, the sparks fly. But can they find a way to bridge the differences that pull them apart? Or will they choose the safety and security of what they know over taking a chance on something that will require them to risk everything?

4 comments:

  1. I’d love to read this. Thank you so much for sharing
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it! Thank you for stopping by and commenting :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good. I love that it's set in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I didn't realize that when I picked it...but am glad because I am doing a reader's challenge and I needed a book set in Australia=done :)

      Delete