Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday-Favorite places to read


Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday! I hope you are off to a great start to your week. This week’s topic is favorite places to read.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see other readers' favorite places to read or their twist on today's topic.

I can read most places (except the car) so I will list 10 places I have read a book and in a small way it helps you to get to know me a little better:

1. Kenya-They do not have library systems or didn't when we lived there.

2.  Singapore-You could only check out 5 books on your card at a time-and when you are an avid reader sharing the card with your children, who are also avid readers, that is simply not enough books!!

3. Greece-we did not have access to a library system there either!

4. Bali-vacationed there and took my books.

5. A plane-a great way to pass the time.

6. Turkey-had the opportunity to visit there.

7. The beach-Myrtle, Topsail-who doesn't love time on the beach with a great book?!

8. The mountains-it's great no matter the time of year to sit on the porch and read.

9. My kitchen table-it's where I start my day with my Bible, devotional books, and a cup of coffee.

10. In the car-I have recently started "reading" audio books in the car. I get motion sick so I can't read a physical book, but now I can listen while driving and traveling on trips. I love it!

Not the most creative or original post, but I do love to read and can now pretty much read anywhere! Where is your favorite spot to read? Do you have cozy areas in your home? I have three different areas in my home that I like to read in and if I am super tired I may even lay in bed (a fourth spot) before turning the lights out and going to sleep. Be sure to click on the link below to join in today's fun!

22 comments:

  1. My husband also cannot read in the car. So if we're together, he drives and I read. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a book with you when you're on an airplane is a must! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 100% with you on reading in the car—I get motion sick too, so car reading has to be audiobooks.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just thankful I finally found a way to do Audio books without having to use the CD/DVD player, LOL! Everyone wins!

      Delete
  4. You've been to some great places! I can't imagine a 5-book limit shared among a family. I'm limited to 3 physical books in Anchorage since I'm just here for a few months and it's driving me crazy! I should be glad they gave me a card for free and I have access to pretty much unlimited digital books though.

    I used to read in the car all the time as a kid but motion sickness hit in my early twenties. I finally got in the habit of listening to audiobooks on my commute about ten years ago though and now I listen to them as I clean and do chores too.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the struggle was real. We lived there 3 1/2 years!!!! We bought a lot of books, we didn't have a choice if we wanted to read. Digital reads were not as numerous as they are now (or we didn't know about them). I never did audio books in the car because my kids were always with me and usually listening to their audio book, or watching a movie (which is the CD/DVD player!). Now my son doesn't watch many movies and I have options!

      Delete
  5. A great list!

    When you get the chance, I hope you stop by my post: https://readbakecreate.com/10-books-with-travel-locations-in-their-title/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your post is very creative and very original, haven't seen one like that anywhere.

    I'm like you, I read everywhere. Even in the car. I used to get motion sickness when I was younger bu tnot any more. Halleluja!

    I can understand your frustration of getting only five books at a time and then having to share them with your kids. My kids had their own library card when they were little, so that was alright. And we got 10 each, so they could even share mine. LOL

    But I also know how bad it is when you don't have access to a library or, in my case, have a library that does nothing for you. We moved back to Germany two years ago and all I can get are German books (or books translated into German which I don't like to read if I know the original language) and the choice there is even small. Well, I won't complain, I have books myself.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marianne, I do get it! We lived overseas for almost 10 years, so we REALLY appreciate our public library here!! In Singapore the kids were not allowed to get their own card and we had to pay for the one we did get. Now, the library is free and ours is really nice, they will order almost all the books we request them to get!! If they are Indie published or no longer being published then they won't. I appreciate our library so much and they probably think I am crazy for how thankful I am for them and the services they provide, but if you haven't had that kind of access you don't take it for granted.

      Delete
    2. That's what our old library did. This one doesn't. One can suggest books to be bought but if it's not one that the majority is after, they won't buy it.

      Delete
  7. You could only check out 5 books on your card at a time??? That must have been frustrating. It seems now members can borrow 16-24 items... which is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lectrice-Yes, we were in Singapore and that was the way it was in the 3 1/2 years we lived there...we bought a TON of books. Where are you that you can borrow only 16-24 items? I am in NC and I think our limit is 30 or something per card, and all four of us have our own card!

      Delete
  8. I also get carsick, even if I'm just reading text messages! It's bad, so I definitely can't read while riding in a car. When I'm driving by myself, I listen to audiobooks. The kids always want music instead of my "boring" books, which is fine. I like music, too.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, same! Most of the time I drive too because I *usually* don't get carsick when I drive, but I have been known to make myself carsick too! So, yeah, I don't read anything, when I am a passenger just stare out the window. Audio books make me excited to travel :)

      Delete
  9. Love your take on this week's topic. I love to listen to audiobooks in the car too. It makes sitting in traffic so much more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, yes it does! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete