Friday, October 22, 2021

First Line Friday #22- Christmas Grace

 Happy Friday! I hope you have a great day and a relaxing weekend surrounded by books 😀! I was traveling and visiting my daughter last weekend so I got behind on my reading. My hope for this weekend is to catch up!! Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Meez Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am reading Christmas Grace by Mindy Steele. This is my first time reading this author. The book is set to release on October 26, 2021.

Grace Miller stepped cautiously across the lopsided porch of the old cabin, a deep sense of doom hanging over her small shoulders like a dark cloud.

I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading.

Book Beginnings:

Grace Miller stepped cautiously across the lopsided porch of the old cabin, a deep sense of doom hanging over her small shoulders like a dark cloud. Built on a tilt, she thought to herself, eyeing the overhang of rotted wood and leaning post attached to the structure.

Her eldest sister, Charity would have come to the same conclusion if she were here. Only Charity wouldn't be here. None of her four sisters would ever be where Grace was. Only Grace would be foolish enough to go against everything she had ever known to be right here.

About the book (from Goodreads):

Second chances and the Christmas spirit abound in Mindy Steele’s heartwarming novel, one of faith, love, and the power of community.

Grace Miller believed herself in love with the charming Englischer who eventually broke her heart. Now alone except for the secret life growing inside her, she arrives in the unfamiliar small village of Walnut Ridge, Kentucky, to hide and hopefully gain forgiveness.

She is pleasantly surprised, however, to find a tight-knit, welcoming group who help her heart grow right alongside her belly. And with the holidays around the corner, there’s plenty of preparations to occupy her mind. Also occupying her mind? Her strong, protective neighbor, Cullen Graber, the town’s blacksmith, who seems intent on not allowing her to ever suffer alone.

Cullen Graber gave up on love after too many losses early in life. He planned to live out his days focusing on his smithy business, yet the beautiful and mysterious Grace refuses to leave his thoughts. But can they open their hearts to God’s grace and create a new family together before Grace must return home?

Have you read Christmas Grace? What did you think?

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 


16 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently in the middle of Celebration at Christmas Cove by Carrie Jansen so I will share a line from there. "When Celeste approached main street and noticed the long line of vehicles, including two shuttle buses, parallel parked all the way down the road, she thought, I must be the only person on the island not at the center yet."
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, I have not heard of that one! Are you enjoying it? Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking that this year I WILL read some Christmas books. I always say it and then don't do it. BRILLIANT LIFE OF EUDORA HONEYSETT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, I haven't read much of them over the last few years. I am doing two Christmas challenges this year which is forcing me to be more intentional!

      Delete
  3. My book is The Heart of a Cowboy by Jody Hedlund:
    She was going to drown. The Neosho River wrapped its cold fingers around Linnea Newberry and pulled her down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's a great start! I hope you enjoy it, Paula!

      Delete
  4. Nice opening for this book. I want to know where Grace is and why her sisters would never go there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a few more paragraphs and it's clearer :)

      Delete
  5. I'm going to start reading Christmas books soon, too. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne, I am enjoying the Christmas books :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a sweet romance, and I do like Christmas themed stories!

    Visiting from Book Beginnings #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good. I've started reading Christmas books a little early this year. I usually wait until after Halloween, but I couldn't help myself. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stared way earlier than I would normally. This review was due by the 26th so I had to get it in ;)

      Delete
  8. I'm reading Deadly Target by Elizabeth Goddard. The first line is: "Puget Sound - For a few hours every Saturday morning, Erin Larson could forget evil existed." Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading that one! I hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete