Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Spotlight #6-A Jar Full of Light

Happy Sunday, friends! A few weeks ago I started doing a "Sunday Spotlight" where I highlight a book/author that deserves more love!  I take a book that I have read and enjoyed that has less than 100 reviews on Goodreads and give it some extra love by drawing it to your attention! Maybe someday I will host a link party (if I can figure it out) to make it easier to participate. 

 Title: A Jar Full of Light

Series: Aveline #2

Author: Rae Walsh

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Fiction

69 ratings and 12 reviews 

My Review: 

Another quick read by Rae Walsh. This book focuses on Teresa and Sheldon's story, while continuing to give glimpses of Sam and Katie's story. It's great to finally see what made Teresa run away and what gives her the motivation to face her fear. It is something we all struggle with and can relate to.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Theresa Grant fled Aveline ten years ago, certain that she would never return. She was wrong.

When Theresa's teenage daughter, Maddie, pleads with her to come back to Aveline, Theresa can't say no. She finds herself packing up and driving back to the lake town of her childhood--back to the lake, the trees, and to an old friend who wants to rekindle their spark.

Will a new house, new friends, and her work as a potter be enough to keep her in Aveline? Or will old secrets drive her away?

A Jar Full of Light is the second book in the Aveline Series, a collection of inspirational romantic stories with quirky, lovable characters, set in a fictional lake town in California. Perfect for fans of Jan Karon, Katherine Center, or Elizabeth Berg

10 comments:

  1. Quirky characters along with a little romance is always a fun combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! This sounds nice, and I like the premise- going back to a hometown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of Rae Walsh, this book sure looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED her first book and enjoyed this one as well. I have not (yet) read the third one :)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds so good. I’ve never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. I read a similar family drama about reconnecting with loved ones called Life and Other Inconveniences. It was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hena, thanks for the suggestion. I went and looked it up, it sounds great AND my library has it :) Win-win!!

      Delete