Friday, December 10, 2021

First Line Friday #29-Lights Out

 Happy Friday! I am so thankful it is Friday, the last two weeks have been so long!! It is a dark dreary day and my mood reflects it. Anyone else struggle when the weather is dreary? I have lots of errands to run and some cleaning to do this weekend. What are your plans for the weekend? 

Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Meez Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am reading Lights Out by Natalie Walters. It is the first book in her newest series The Snap Agency.

Ma'adi, Suburb of Cairo, Egypt
3:17 PM Tuesday, January 13

Seif El-Deeb watched the noisy trio of American boys cross the street away from Cairo American College.

I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading.

Book Beginnings:

Ma'adi, Suburb of Cairo, Egypt
3:17 PM Tuesday, January 13

Seif El-Deeb watched the noisy trio of American boys cross the street away from Cairo American College. The international school had just let out for the afternoon, and the sound of privileged children laughing about their day mingled with the horns of waiting drivers and taxis trying to navigate the afternoon congestion.

About the book (from Goodreads):

CIA analyst Brynn Taylor developed a new program to combat terrorism, and she invited members of foreign intelligence agencies to America to foster cooperation between countries. Now one of them, Egyptian spy Remon Riad, is missing.

Jack Hudson has been working for the Strategic Neutralization and Protection Agency (SNAP) for almost nine years and takes the lead in hunting down the missing spy. But he isn't at all pleased to find out Brynn is involved. It's hard to trust a woman who's already betrayed you.

Every lead they follow draws them dangerously deeper into an international plot. Kidnapping, murder, explosions, poisoning--the terrorists will do anything to accomplish their goal of causing a digital blackout that will blind a strategic US military communications center and throw the world into chaos.

Can Brynn surrender control to a man who doesn't trust her? And can Jack ever get over what she did to him? The fate of the world--and their hearts--hangs in the balance.
 

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too! Thank you all for coming by each week, I REALLY appreciate the support and comments 😀


  

14 comments:

  1. I've seen this book in a couple places and it looks really good! Perhaps not my preferred genre, but intriguing all the same

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, I understand. I have seen a ton of books around lately that are not something I would normally pick up, but that sound really good. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I loved Lights Out! I'm reading Silver Lining by Pam Hillman tonight: "August 1880, Silver Lining, Kansas Maggie O’Toole’s heart sank as the ragtag band of covered wagons rolled into Silver Lining, Kansas. Or what was left of it."

    I posted the first line from Heidi Chiavaroli's Where Memories Await: https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2021/12/10/first-line-friday-where-memories-await/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard of Pam Hillman. I hope you enjoy the book :) Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the prequel novella and am looking forward to this book. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds exciting. Great pick, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lights Out was spectacular!


    Lights Out was a fantastic book!
    My first line comes from Elinor by Shannon McNear:
    “In the beginning was the sea.” She murmured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, I am hearing lots of great things about Elinor, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete