Friday, December 24, 2021

First Line Friday #31-On Christmas Avenue

Merry Christmas Eve 

I hope you all have the most wonderful holiday season and Santa is good to you 😀! Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Meez Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am reading On Christmas Avenue by Ginny Baird. I am currently in chapter 8 and really enjoying this book. I love Mary and her Christmas cheer, and just realized as I am tying this how appropriate her name is 😂

Mary Ward started at her boss and blinked. "Where did you say I'm going again?" 

I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading.

Book Beginnings:

 Mary Ward started at her boss and blinked. "Where did you say I'm going again?"

Judy cocked her chin and her asymmetrical bob swung sideways. She had a slender section of her black hair pinned back on top, offsetting her dark brown eyes. "To Clark Creek," she repeated matter-of-factly, like she'd just said Atlanta or some other highly recognizable place. In addition to being Mary's boss, Judy Ramos was also her bestie, and had been for a decade-ever since they'd been roommates in college.

About the book (from Goodreads):

Everybody loves a parade!
Well, everybody except Evan…

Evan, the county sheriff, knows that businesses are struggling in the small town of Clark Creek. But unlike the mayor—who happens to be his mother—he doesn’t think that hiring a “Christmas Consultant,” whatever that is, will help. Especially when this Christmas Consultant proposes a holiday parade that seems likely to overwhelm his staff and leave the town in even more debt.

Mary is sure the parade is going to be a superb fundraiser. She’s going to make sure of it, overcoming every obstacle…including those put in place by the stubborn sheriff. But in the middle of her planning, the unexpected happens: she and Evan begin to see one another in a different light. Could the parade bring about more than one Christmas miracle? This funny, feel-good holiday romance is perfect for fans of Sheila Roberts, Susan Mallery, and Jenny Hale.

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too! Thank you all for coming by each week, I REALLY appreciate the support and comments 😀


  

12 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one. I had no idea before this year that there were 'so' many lovely Christmas books around. Merry Christmas, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath, There are SOOOOO many Christmas books. I think they could fill a library with just Christmas books, LOL. I was recently in my library and they were showcasing Christmas books...

      Delete
  2. I am intrigued! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Laurel, it is good :) I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

      Delete
  3. Looks good and I love the cover! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I do too. I wish we were having a white Christmas, or even a cold Christmas, it is supposed to be 68 here tomorrow, sigh. Have a wonderful Christmas and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this sounds like a wonderful Christmas read. And that cover is so pretty. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, Cindy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it. Thanks Ashley, it has been a good day!

      Delete
  5. She has a most appropriate name, it sounds like. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, she really does. I'm sad to not have finished it yet, but have been so busy.

      Delete