Thursday, December 9, 2021

Hullabaloo

 Title:Hullabaloo: Discovering God's Glory in Everyday Life

Author: Dr. Timothy Paul Jones

Publisher: Life Journey

Genre: Christian Non-fiction, Christian Living

Source: My bookshelf

My Review:

A couple of months ago, I was at a used bookstore, and I ran across this book for $1. I loved the title and decided to purchase it.

I have to tell you it was one of the best dollars I have ever spent. I had not heard of this author before, but the front had a review from Publishers Weekly that said, "Full of Jones' wit, sarcasm, and humorous stories...This is a well-written and much-needed book." Sarcasm and humor? Sign me up.

You long for glory because you were formed for glory.

I was immediately drawn into the book by Jones' conversational style. Hullabaloo reads more like a conversation with a friend than a non-fiction book. I found the book to be soul-stirring and heart-wrenching.  I love the word "hullabaloo" and the author managed to use it multiple times 😂. I also found Jones' book to be well-researched and relevant. He shares many personal anecdotes that help you connect to him on a personal level, while also making his content relatable.

You were created for glory.

 As I was reading this book several parts kept resonating with me. I created a post on my sister site called Created for glory. Click on the link if you would like to see more of my thoughts on this book, and the subject of being created for glory. I believe Dr. Jones gives a timely message and one we all need to hear. If you want to know more about discovering glory in your everyday life, I highly recommend reading this book. While Dr. Jones doesn't have all the answers, he states that clearly, he will give you much to think about.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

In this beautifully-written book, author Timothy Paul Jones shows, through poignant vignettes and intensely personal stories, how God's presence can be found in any and all of life's circumstances every day of your life.

From the heartbreak of infertility to the simple "noise" of daily life, God's love is always evident, if you know what to look for.

6 comments:

  1. Not really my cup of tea, but I'm happy you enjoyed it!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...I love the sound of this one! And you got it for $1? Lucky! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, yes, a bargain for sure, and in excellent condition. If my husband doesn't want to read it would you like me to pass it on to you?

      Delete
  3. I love it when you can find a great book for only a dollar! So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, me too! I am all over the bargains :)

      Delete