Saturday, July 9, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #31, Sunday Post #28, Sunday Salon #23

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am enjoying another relaxing weekend without many plans before we travel again at the end of the week.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

None, no pending requests.

Library:

Beach Read is our book club book for August so I will be reading it in a few weeks. I will be getting Dani Pettrey's 3rd book in this series soon so I grabbed this one from the library so I can read it first to be ready 😀

Kindle Freebies:

None.

Book Mail

I won Elizabeth Maddrey's book in a giveaway and I got Shelley Shepard Gray's book to review.

Bought

None. 

Other updates:

I added 3 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 5 books this week. I still need to post the review for 1 of them.

Here is a post from our recent travels if you are interested: Route 66 (it features lots of pictures and a funny story about me falling for my husband!)

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

42 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, I've been noticing so many readers enjoying these Emily Henry summer kind of reads. I should try her - have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Beach Read and enjoyed it. But, it wasn't my favorite Emily Henry book, but it was still very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beach Read is on my to read list. With Book Lovers I expected more from it due to everyone loving it. I want to see what the other ones are like just in case they are better 😂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/09/toddler-edition-stacking-the-shelves-library-loot/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I understand that completely!

      Delete
    2. 😊

      I've got the other two on my Christmas list 😂 even if they are the same as Book Lovers I won't feel upset as it was still a good book, just not amazing.

      Delete
    3. Emily, maybe you could request your library to get them? I have heard people say they liked Book Lovers better than Beach Read, so we will see. This will be my first by her.

      Delete
  4. Great list of books Cindy! I loved Beach Read and hope that you do too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Amish Jane Doe sounds interesting. I will look for it at my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, it will be released Aug. 23rd! I hope your library will get it!

      Delete
  6. We're having a quiet weekend too before throwing a grad party next weekend. so I'll take the quiet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great looking stack of books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand how you want to enjoy the time before you travel again. We did a day trip yesterday, and I'm exhausted and I didn't even drive!

    Beach Read is a pleasant read and that's what I have needed for the last year. I've read and enjoyed all three of Emily Henry's last three books, though Beach Read was probably my least favorite of the three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, yes! Traveling is exhausting. Glad you enjoy Emily Henry's books, and hopefully I will as well!

      Delete
  9. I have not read a Love Inspired Cold Case book, but I like the premise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily Henry seems to be the go-to summer read author! I read People We Meet on Vacation and enjoyed it, so guess I should try one of her others! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, that's good to know! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. No new books? Ha, I'm proud of you!! I will read your (whose blog is the link?) Route 66 story a bit later tonight.

    Happy reading this week and safe travels!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mareli, it is my blog as well, the one I keep for family updates and stuff :)

      Delete
  12. I read Beach Read a couple of summers ago. It was enjoyable, but I much preferred Book Lovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, that's what I am hearing from a lot of people. Thanks for the info!

      Delete
  13. Beach Read looks so good. I've been wanting to read that author. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I have as well, so I am interested to see how it is.

      Delete
  14. Oh Cindy, I love the oh so cozy picture of the books on your header!
    I love how I’m seeing so many people stacking their shelves with library books! I’m so glad they’re finally open!
    Amish Jane Doe looks intriguing!
    The Vanishing Type by Ellery Adams and Bake, Borrow and Steal by Elli Alexander landed on my doorstep from my library!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read Ellery Adams but I WANT to! I have not heard of Elli Alexander so looked her up, her books look fun too! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. I hope you and your book club enjoy Beach Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, I do as well. Our last one was a bit of a dud.

      Delete
  16. I also want to read that Dani Pettrey one. Here is my weekly wrap: https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2022/07/weekend-wrap-up-july-11th.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love relaxing weekends. I hope you enjoyed yours. And, how fun that you get to go somewhere else at the end of the week. I look forward to reading about it. Safe travels! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, I prefer relaxing weekends over ones with plans, LOL. The fun of being an introvert. Have a great week!

      Delete
  18. Oh, I hope you have fun on your vacation! I loved Beach Read too! Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that I've read Book Lovers, I think I'll be making my way through Emily Henry's backlist.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete