Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Beach Haven

Title: Beach Haven

Series: Carolina Coast #1

Author: T. I. Lowe

Narrator: Natasha Soudek

Genre: Christian fiction, Contemporary romance

Publisher: Tyndale Fiction

Source: Hoopla/Library

Challenge: Virtual TBR

My review:

Beach Haven is my first book by T. I. Lowe. I started listening to the audio, but after the eighth chapter I switched to reading the book.

I had a hard time getting into this book. I felt like it dragged. I don't know if it's because I started on audio or what, but there was a disconnect for me.

Spunky, well-written characters, a solid story line, and a beautiful setting are what kept me reading. I just don't know what else to say 🤷

I will read other books by this author as I have heard fantastic things about her books.

★★★/5

Challenge:

Synopsis:

Free-spirited Opal Gilbert seems to have everything she needs to keep living a happy life in Sunset Cove as she refurbishes vintage furniture to sell at her funky ocean-side boutique, Bless This Mess. Until Lincoln Cole, a new-to-town ex-Marine nursing deep wounds and harboring hurts he can't seem to shake, wanders into her shop. Opal knows a person in need when she sees one and offers Lincoln a job in her workshop. But the brooding former soldier has no interest in Opal's offer. Thanks but no thanks.

But then a hurricane strikes, damaging Bless This Mess. Feeling guilty for how he treated Opal, Lincoln decides to help her repair the store. And soon it becomes clear Opal wants to restore not only her business, but also help Lincoln find restoration. As much as Lincoln tries to keep her at arm's length, Opal's well-meaning meddling begins to heal his wounds . . . and capture his heart almost before he realizes it.

6 comments:

  1. Listening to an audio can make a book drag, at least for me. Probably because I can read faster than someone else can narrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, that has ALWAYS been my reasoning for not listening to audio books, however, now I LOVE them when I am out walking, riding in the car by myself, or doing chores at home where I can't physically sit and read books. I just have to have the right books.

      Delete
  2. I want to read this.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Regine, I hope you get the opportunity!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty cover, too bad it dragged for you.

    ReplyDelete