Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Can't Wait Wednesday-A Gem of Truth

 Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Typically they are books that have not been released yet. This week I am sharing A Gem of Truth. It is the second book in the Secrets of the Canyon series. It comes out September 13, 2022. I enjoyed the first book, A Deep Divide and look forward to reading more about the Harvey Girls and being back at the Grand Canyon!

 
Synopsis (Goodreads):

Julia Schultz has a reputation for being a storyteller--or as others see it, a liar. But with a dark and painful past, stories were all that kept her company and made her interesting to others. Longing for a fresh start and a second chance to earn real trust, Julia takes a job as a Harvey Girl at the El Tovar hotel, where she's challenged to be her true self.

Learning the trade of a master jeweler is hard work, but Christopher Miller takes pride in running his family's small shop and earning the respect of the people around him. But when he discovers that he has six weeks to buy his shop from his landlord before it is sold, he must find a way to save his grandfather's legacy.

United by the discovery of a legendary treasure, Chris and Julia find hope in each other. But when Julia's past catches up with her, doubt creeps into Chris's heart. Can he really trust her and her stories?

   What book are you eagerly anticipating? If you would like to join in the Can't wait Wednesday fun just click on the image below to be taken to today's post. Happy reading!


19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good historical romance - I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harvey Girls and treasure? Count me in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tucking into a lot of historical adventures these days - I hope you enjoy this one, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am enjoying it more than I used to!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an interesting historical romance. I like that he's trying to save the family legacy. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds so interesting! I hope that you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever read a book set around the Grand Canyon so this definitely intrigues me. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, I really enjoyed the first one because of that. The descriptions really made me want to go there.

      Delete
  7. I like that idea of this book, Cindy. I will have to see if I can find the first one before adding this to my TBR. Nice choice, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. I've stayed at the El Tovar hotel, and it's a magnificent hotel. They have a little Harvey Girls museum there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of this one. The Harvey Girls are always so interesting to read about, and the Grand Canyon is a great setting. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I totally agree, I am looking forward to it!

      Delete
  10. My husband is a gemcutter, so he might enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete