Thursday, August 4, 2022

Mr. HOA

Title: Mr. HOA

Series: Fake It #1

Author: Carina Taylor

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Publisher: Independently Published

Source: Own

Challenges: Mount TBR, 20 Books of Summer, The Nerdy Bookworm, 2022 Literary Escapes Challenge

My review:

Mr. H.O.A. is the first book I have read by Carina Taylor.

The cover and title are what drew me to this book. It's always hard to know what to expect when trying a new author, and this one lived up to my expectations.

Mr. H.O.A. is set in Oregon and starts with our main characters receiving an eviction notice for their condemned apartment complex. What follows is the budding of a beautiful friendship, leading to a fake marriage and quite a few laugh-out-loud moments.

I absolutely adored Bane and Nola. They are both excellent characters, each with secrets of their own. Suddenly homeless bonded them in ways that living in the same apartment complex never did. I enjoyed their witty banter and how they handled the obstacles they faced and admired their tenacity.

The only thing I did not enjoy was the ending...it left one thread unraveled and I was left wanting to know what happened with the person. It leaves it open for another book, but I am not sure there is another book. (I just popped over to Goodreads, and there are two more books!)

I loved Mr. H.O.A. and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a clean, fun, romantic comedy! I look forward to reading more books by Carina Taylor. As a side note, this would make an excellent romantic comedy movie!!!

★★★★★/5

Challenges:

   

#44 A Funny book                                                                      Oregon

Synopsis:

A condemned apartment building means I’m stuck sleeping in my car. My carefully planned future—gone.

It’s just bad business to admit to being homeless when you’re the top selling real estate agent in the county. So when a fellow evictee, Nola, comes up with a solution to my homeless situation, I take her up on her offer.

An empty house with a gorgeous roommate? Sign me up.

I didn’t know that staying at her friend’s house would lead to us pretending to be married.

I didn’t know I would get elected to be president of an HOA I have no business being a part of.

And I’m beginning to suspect my beautiful, devious, fake wife isn’t telling me everything.

What happens when we get another roommate, and our deception moves to the next level?

Nola is the whirlwind I didn’t want in my life—but she just might be exactly what I need.
  

12 comments:

  1. Great review! This sounds like such a fun read! I'm adding it to my wishlist now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Ashley! I really enjoyed it and hope you do too!!

      Delete
  2. Aw...this one does sound like fun. Gotta love that fake marriage trope. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was already getting ready to add it to my TBR, then up pops a fake marriage trope and I added it to my goodreads so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie, yep, it was really good! I hope you enjoy it as well when you get a chance to read it!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a lot of fun. I love a fake marriage trope. I've added this to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds fun. I think I've seen it around but haven't given it a careful look. :)

    ReplyDelete