Friday, November 11, 2022

Taking a small break

Happy Friday and happy Veteran's Day my bookish friends. I am going to be off the blog for a few days as we set up our new house. We arrived in Ohio on Wednesday, had the final walk thru Wednesday evening, closed on the house Wednesday evening, got the keys Thursday afternoon, got the truck unloaded Thursday evening, and now the real work begins! The house is quite dirty so we have a lot of cleaning to do before we can get things settled (not noticeable dirt, just 16 years of crumbs and stuff in cabinets, plus they had several cats and I am allergic, so more vacuuming, trying to get rid of some of the hair). We were supposed to meet a Home Depot rep at the house yesterday so they could measure to replace the carpet, but we were not able to get in the house until the afternoon and Home Depot could only come in the morning. So, now they will come on Saturday and the carpet replacement will hopefully be sometime next week. Anyway,  that is probably more information than you want to know. All that to say I am going to be busy over the next few days/week setting up house and won't have time to visit your blogs (sadness) so won't bother posting much on mine this weekend either. I did finish a book last night and hopefully will get to the review soonish, (before I forget what happened 😂) but won't be participating in any bookish memes. Have a wonderful weekend!!! Looking forward to joining you all again soon!

23 comments:

  1. Good luck. Many blessings. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you that you get to move into your new house. Good luck with all the cleaning and unpacking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending you good moving vibes! Best of luck to you and your family in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is a lot of hard work but also very exciting and I hope you have lots of nice moments during the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Cindy!💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers that everything goes smoothly! When we moved into our current house we had the same issues. In fact we also had our furnace ducts cleaned because of cat allergies. You will be so glad you did it all even though it takes longer than you would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, yes, my husband said the same thing, we need to have our ducts cleaned! You are right, we will be glad we took the time, but right now, the struggle is real, LOL! Thanks so much for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the new house! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO EXCITING! All the best and I hope your move went smoothly and you have a great time setting everything up. :)

    ...and I did also want to let you know you won the little random giveaway for Carmen Schober's Pretty Little Pieces on the website. If you'd like to contact me (dreamer13[at]frontier[dot]com) with a US mailing address, I will preorder the book to ship to your address once it releases. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK, no I didn't, how exciting!!! Thanks so much!!!!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the big move! I moved in July in the middle of a big remodel project and it's only now getting finished. No fun. I hope all your updates go smoothly and that you can get settled and enjoy the new house!

    ReplyDelete