Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Saving the Secret Prince

Title: Saving the Secret Prince (audio)

Series: California Dreamin' #3

Author: Kristin Canary

Genre: Chick Lit, Women's Fiction, RomCom, Humor, Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Dreaming of You Press

Source: Hoopla

My review:

Saving the Secret Prince by Kristin Canary is my favorite of the series so far.

From the moment of Lauren and Topher's unconventional meeting, Lauren has stars in her eyes (it might be the concussion). While he tries to keep his distance (he has secrets) it's not long before he seems smitten with Lauren.

This was a quick, fluffy read.The characters have struggles that add an unexpected depth (without going too heavy). It's not your typical "royal" romcom, which makes it even more endearing. I adored the story, loved the characters, enjoyed the LOL moments, and I am anticipating Shelby's story in the next book.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Ever heard of love at first sight? What about love at first push?

Because I may have hurtled Christopher to the ground so that car wouldn’t hit him, but I’m pretty sure I’m the one who fell that day.

How could I not? There’s just something about him.

It’s not just that he’s drop-dead handsome, like Henry Cavill and Chris Hemsworth had a baby.

Or that he talks in a delicious British accent and calls me “love” (swoony swoon swoon, am I right?!).

Or that he’s impeccably dressed all. the. time.

He’s also mysterious. And I feel like he really gets me, even though we’re so different.

Like he...sees me.

Which is kind of terrifying for a girl whose past keeps her off social media and out of the public eye—for good reason.

But as long as we stay in our little bubble, I feel safe with Christopher.

As long as he’s just an average Joe and I’m me, absolutely nothing can tear us apart.

Fans of Sarah Adams will love this closed-door romantic comedy with lots of sizzle and spice, but no on-page explicit content.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I need to check out this series. Great review, Cindy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 stars...can't get better than that! I'm definitely putting this one on my list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this series, but it seems like a fun one! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love a cute and fun royal romcom plot!! :)

    ReplyDelete