Sunday, April 23, 2023

The Wishing Season

Title: The Wishing Season

Series: Chapel Springs #3

Author: Denise Hunter

Genre:Contemporary Romance, Christian Fiction,

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

Source: Hoopla

My review

The Wishing Season is the third book of the Chapel Springs series. The series follows the McKinley siblings. I would recommend reading them in order to avoid spoilers.

I loved the way PJ and Cole met. It is memorable and unique. I loved diving right into this story after finishing the second one. The characters are still fresh and I am loving the McKinley family (although Mama Jo got my stink eye!). I also enjoyed Cole and PJ having to live in the house together for a year, each working toward their dream. I figured I knew what was going to happen and how the story was going to end. While I was right, it did not happen as I thought it would. It was so much better.

You cannot go wrong with a Denise Hunter book! She tackles hard topics (this one is foster care) with heart and depth. You will love the characters, love the chemistry, and love the story.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Living side-by-side, a fledgling chef and a big-hearted contractor find a delicious attraction.

Trouble is, their chemistry could spoil their dreams.

Spirited PJ McKinley has the touch when it comes to food. Her dream of opening her own restaurant is just one building short of reality. So when a Chapel Springs resident offers her beloved ancestral home to the applicant with the best plan for the house, PJ believes it’s a contest she was meant to win.

Contractor Cole Evans is confident, professional, and swoon-worthy—but this former foster kid knows his life could have turned out very differently. When Cole discovers the contest, he believes his home for foster kids in transition has found its saving grace. All he has to do is convince the owner that an out-of-towner with a not-for-profit enterprise is good for the community.

But when the eccentric philanthropist sees PJ and Cole’s proposals, she makes an unexpected decision: the pair will share the house for a year to show what their ideas are made of. Now, with Cole and the foster kids upstairs and PJ and the restaurant below, day-to-day life has turned into out-and-out competition—with some seriously flirtatious hallway encounters on the side. Turns out in this competition, it’s not just the house on the line, it’s their hearts.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent review Cindy! I still have to read this series!🤦‍♀️🤗☕📚💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I am listening to the last book of the series now! It had been on my TBR forever!!

      Delete
  2. I love when you can go right from one book in the series to the next one! This sounds like a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forced proximity is such romance trope. This one sounds so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your books reviewed is always such a trip down reader memory lane! I used to read so many of Denise's books. At some point I should pick up one of her more recent ones... or revisit a favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete