Saturday, April 22, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #70, Sunday Post #67, Sunday Salon #61

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? Yesterday I went to the Solon Public Library for their library booksale (going on through tomorrow afternoon) and met book blogger Stacy from Stacy's Books. She is the first book blogger I have met in person, so that was pretty cool. Today we are going to Mansfield to have lunch with my daughter. I hope to also visit the used bookstore there. Tomorrow is going to be church and relaxing. Have a great weekend!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: None.

Bought: As I mentioned above, I went to the library book sale. I bought several books for the kids I nanny, and my son and husband. Here is what I bought for me: 

Other updates:

I finished 5 books this week. Two were audio books (I spent more time in the car this week!) I still need to write the review for one. I will be finishing up East of Evil today as well, then writing its review.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Dancing with Fireflies

Book Review: Windswept Way

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Random Things About Me

Book Review: That Time I Kissed My Brother's Best Friend

Book Review: A Novel Proposal

First Line Friday #88-East of Evil

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

39 comments:

  1. I miss library book sales! My library doesn't do big ones any more...but they did when I was a kid and I used to come home with a bag full of books every time. And how fun that you got to meet another book blogger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing I like more than hitting used bookstores! Hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, it was so disappointing, it wasn't opened! They had moved to a new location, but not bothered to say they were not open yet.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely, bookish weekend! Library book sales are so fun. I have several books going at the moment, which is unusual for me. I like to stick to one and get it finished, but right now I have three from the library that I am reading simultaneously - All My knotted Up Life by Beth Moore, Under a Red Moon by Harini Nagendra and Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth. I will finish Under a Red Moon today and will start Hidden Peril by Irene Hanon. Hope your weekend is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, I have not started Beth Moore's book yet, but I hope to soon!! I am really looking forward to it. I have 3 books due for review this week, so trying to carve out some extra reading time. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
    2. The audio version of All My Knotted Up Life is available on Hoopla and is read by the author. It is really fun to here her voice reading it.

      Delete
    3. Gretchen, I know! I am planning to read/and listen at the same time (since my MIL bought me the book), and that is one of the reasons I have not started it yet.

      Delete
  4. I love library book sales but haven't been to one since before the end of '19.

    I read Capital Gaines in '17 and loved it and have The Stories We Tell on my tbr list. I started watching Fixer Upper from the first day it aired. Love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, wow, that's a long time not to go to book sales!! I love Fixer Upper, which is why I grabbed the book when I saw it :)

      Delete
  5. I gave away some books to a used book store, which gave me credit to buy books there. i haven't used it as yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I keep giving away books too. I have a bag in my trunk that I want to give to Free Little Libraries, but I haven't found any that are close to my house yet.

      Delete
  6. I’m not sure if my public libraries have sales but I’m going to find out! Have a great weekend Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, they are usually called "Friends of the Library" sales. I hope your library does!

      Delete
  7. Cindy, I love it that you went to a library sale where you met Stacy. In an interesting coincidence, I met a friend of Stacy's at the library conference.

    I love to go to library sales, and, happily, I was able to go to the first one I have been to in several years this year. It was in Galveston, and it was filled with wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, that is a funny coincidence!! I also love library sales (or any book sale, LOL). I hope you are enjoying the library conference!

      Delete
  8. How fun that you met another blogger in person! I always think that would be fun.

    And I love a good library sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have several used book stores I frequent and i like the idea of getting a book someone else has enjoyed. It's less expensive than new and it's greener!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I haven't read Falling Up, so will have to track that down. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, yeah, I took time with my of my finds, but I didn't even think about that one, just grabbed it and put it in my bag :)

      Delete
  11. It’s been a banner weekend for you, new books and a meet up with another book blogger!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great you got to meet Stacy! I've known her for years online, but have only met up with a handful of book bloggers. Plus who doesn't love a library sale?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, library sales are the best, you never know what you will find!

      Delete
  13. Book sales, meeting fellow book bloggers, going to lunch...sounds glorious to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, you will hear no complaints from me :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! That's cool that you met a fellow book blogger! I would like to meet a fellow book blogger soon! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Library book sales are awesome, so nice you got some goodies there.
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/04/23/sunday-post-84-04-23-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  16. How neat that you met in person. I haven't met any of my blogging friends, but I have met online friends in person.

    Shel Silverstein was such a fabulous talent.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, if I know I am going to be near a blogger, I will try to meet up, even if our interests are not the same. Have a great week!

      Delete
  17. I just love this post! I am always looking for new things to post about and you have some really great ideas here. So much content...and love seeing Shel Silverstein here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Shellie!! I really appreciate that!

      Delete
  18. How fun to meet a fellow blogger in person. Your books all look good. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete