Monday, April 17, 2023

Windswept Way

 Title: Windswept Way

Series: Hope Harbor #9

Author: Irene Hannon

Genre:Contemporary Romance, Christian Fiction,

Publisher: Revell

Source: Revell, Net Galley

My review:

I love the Hope Harbor series by Irene Hannon. Windswept Way is the ninth book in the series but can be read as a standalone. I have read the series out of order (I still need to read book 2), but it has not hindered my enjoyment. 

I enjoyed reading Ashley and Jon's story and was rooting for them to have their happily ever after. They both have obstacles that stand in the way of a relationship. It was interesting to see a bit of a Beauty and the Beast vibe. I loved seeing some "old" characters and meeting new ones! I loved the addition of Rose to the story and seeing her blossom. I imagine it must be hard to keep a storyline going through nine stories. However, Hannon does a great job producing fresh content for each book while staying true to Hope Harbor and seeing all the other couples we have rooted for throughout this series. 

I am looking forward to reading the next book (coming next year) and going back and reading the second book.

Thank you to Revell and Net Galley for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Buying a supposedly haunted house wasn't in Ashley Scott's plans, but when an intriguing opportunity drops into her lap, she's ready to launch a new life. But she can't do it alone, and her reclusive new neighbor Jonathan Gray may be just the person to help--if only there were room in his life for romance.

4 comments:

  1. Good to know you can read the books in this series out of order if necessary...because those words "buying a supposedly haunted house" and "reclusive neighbor" totally makes me want to read this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, LOL, yes, it was interesting! And, I didn't mean to read them out of order, LOL, it's just the way it happened.

      Delete
  2. I'll keep this one in mind. I like the idea of the Beaty and the Beast vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I seem to have read quite a few recently with Beauty and the Beast vibes, LOL, not intentional.

      Delete