Sunday, November 26, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #97, Sunday Post #94, Sunday Salon #88

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I had another busy week, which did not allow for much reading. I worked all day Monday and Tuesday, then had a doctor's appointment right after work on Tuesday. When I finished that I had to pack for our trip. On Wednesday we set off for VA to see our friends that are like family (we've known them 15ish years). We got there Wednesday afternoon and left Saturday morning. It was a wonderful time of catching up, playing games, eating a wonderful Thanksgiving feast, and listening to our young adults laugh and enjoy each other's company. It was too short of a visit, but we are so thankful for the time we get. I am hoping to rest Sunday, before going back to work again on Monday. (I am still getting used to this new work schedule. I have to say I am not a fan of working Mondays, LOL). What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: Two books I won in Kav's Giveaways came this week!

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished 2 books this week. I have been reading a book for 5 days and am only half way through it (that is HIGHLY UNUSUAL for me). The book is good, I just haven't had time to read (sadly). But, this many days in I am ready to move on to the next book, LOL. I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow. In addition to not reading, I unintentionally took another hiatus from the blog. I started several posts (like TTT), but never had time to finish them.

CAR UPDATE: NO update!! They have had my car for 2 weeks and haven't even evaluated it to see what is wrong with it. They said they would get it done by Tuesday or Wednesday (after having said by last Monday). If you are the praying sort, will you pray it gets taken care of soon? I need my car and rental cars are expensive.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Driftwood Lane-Short Review

Book Review: All My Belongings

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

23 comments:

  1. Good grief, yes, I do pray that they get your car soon, and by soon let's be specific and put in a request for it to be ready by NOON, your time, on Monday, November 27th!!!

    Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how long cars are kept in the shop these days. I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way for car healing.

    I'm glad you had such a delightful Thanksgiving. And I agree---no one should have to work on a Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving celebrations sound absolutely lovely and I'm so glad you got to enjoy them:)). But your garage sounds a disgrace. Everyone knows how important it is to have reliable transport - so I very much hope they get on and get it done. Have a good week, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your holiday trip sounds so fun! (And I hate having to get up and go to work every Monday, too. I'd love a 3-day week where I only had to work Tues, Wed, and Thurs.) ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha taking 5 days to finish a book is a good reading week for me lol My posts are at this point updates on what I'm reading and didn't finish https://jhohadli.wordpress.com/2023/11/26/sunday-post-261123/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I know it's not for everyone, but I am a fast reader and it would normally read a book by 3 days ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving break Cindy! I hope that you get to see these friends again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie. We used to see them twice a year, then Covid hit, the kids started having college visits, etc., you know how it is, life gets in the way!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the irresponsible car repair shop! Everyone blames the labor shortage for whatever they do wrong… it’s hard to know what is going on.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took me two months to finish my last book, so I feel your pain multiplied by a lot more days. Lol. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you get your car back soon and you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meezan, I can not imagine!!!! Like, seriously, can not! I am so sorry!

      Delete
  9. Work on Mondays should be banned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, do you have a blog?! It doesn't show up on your profile and I want to be sure to return the visit.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had a wnderful Thanksgiving! Sending up some prayers though for your car- that's a LONG time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, I hope your car is returned to you whole forthwith, and I hope you get some rest.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete