Wednesday, March 6, 2024

A Groom of One's Own

Title: A Groom of One's Own

Series: Appies #1

Author: Emma St. Clair

Publisher: Create If Writing LLC

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance, Humor,

Source: Author Provided & Bought paperback

My Review:

A Groom of One's Own is the first book in Emma St. Clair and Jenny Proctor's The Appies series. Even though it is the first in the series, I highly recommend reading Just Don't Fall by Emma St. Clair and Absolutely Not In Love by Jenny Proctor, because those two books introduce us to the Appies (the hockey team), setting the stage for this book.

I read A Groom of One's Own in two sittings. I did NOT want to put it down. Can I just say that Emma St. Clair is a romcom genius? I loved everything about this book. I was SO upset when I finished it because it was over. I was still struggling the next day, wanting more, but again, I finished it, LOL!!!

Eli is in a class of his own. He loves his mom well. He loves his friends well. He actually wants to get married. He loves dogs...

Bailey is adorably awkward. She is training to become a vet. She meets Eli when he comes to the shelter where she works for dog therapy.

They become awkward together.

Read for:

 πŸ’hockey romcom
πŸ’ marriage of convenience
πŸ’ shy FMC + extrovert MMC
πŸ’ found family
πŸ’ side character with chronic illness
πŸ’awesome teammates
πŸ’ shelter dogs
πŸ’ bowling in pajamas
πŸ’ all the witty banter

I cannot wait until the next book in the series. I needed it yesterday.

Thank you to Emma St. Clair for the e-copy of this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. I bought the paperback and I am SO glad I did. I WILL be reading this one again.

🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

He always dreamed of getting married--but for love, not to avoid deportation.

Eli Hopkins has it all--almost. A hockey career with the wildly popular Appies. Teammates who are like brothers. The only thing he's missing is someone to share it all with. Oh--and correctly filed visa paperwork. Due to administrative error, Eli is about to lose everything. Unless he can find someone to marry him in the next thirty days. And he might have the perfect woman in mind. The only problem? He'd like to marry her for real, not simply for legal purposes. Now Eli faces the challenge of winning over a wife who thinks the marriage is in name only ...

A Groom of One's Own is a closed door marriage of convenience hockey romcom with heart and humor, sizzle but NO spice. Perfect for fans of sports romance who want a little less heat. This book connects to Just Don't Fall & Absolutely Not in Love from the Sweater Weather series, but all books can be read as standalones.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Just Don't Fall...and Emma St. Clair has become a favorite author of mine, too. I cannot wait to read this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lark, this might top my favorites of hers!!! It is FABULOUS!!!

      Delete