Thursday, March 28, 2024

Love on Camera

Title: Love On Camera

Series: The Wonder Boys #1

Author: Dana LeCheminant

Narrators: Mari Bee & Jon Brattin

Publisher: Findaway Voices

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Fiction,

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

Love on Camera is my first book by Dana LeCheminant, but it won't be my last.

Mari Bee and Jon Brattin did an awesome job with the narration. This is the first book I have read where both narrators read throughout the story. Normally the girl would do one chapter and the guy the next, but they were both in the conversations. It took the story to another level!

Read for:

📷childhood friend

📷brother's best friend

📷fake dating

📷pineapple and ham pizza

📷the sweetest love story

📷reconciliation

📷no third act break-up

📷wonderful characters 

📷witty banter

📷low drama  

I was so sad to see this book end. I was also super sad to see that the next book is not in audio (at least through my library) so I am not immediately able to start listening to it. At least the next books have been written so I don't have to wait for them to come out!

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Madi doesn’t have time to date. Oliver has all the time in the world.

When wedding photographer Madi is challenged to find herself ten dates in three months, she turns to her older brother’s three best friends to be her stand-ins. It helps her win the challenge without having to deal with the stress of dating. What could go wrong?

Oliver hasn’t had much to do since selling his company, and helping Madi has given his life meaning again. But when she asks him to pose as her boyfriend—more than just a date here and there—he suddenly finds himself questioning his feelings toward the girl he always saw as a little sister. Feelings that would get him murdered by his best friend.

No one sees the real Oliver the way Madi does, and Madi has never been as comfortable around anyone as she is with Oliver. With the fake part of their relationship feeling less and less fake, they both have to decide if they’re brave enough to take that first step toward something real. Is a chance at love worth risking a lifetime of friendship?

6 comments:

  1. I do love a good fake-dating romance! And this one sounds better than most. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! It's so cool that both narrators read throughout the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would really like this one. Fake-dating is one of my favorite tropes!

    ReplyDelete