Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Courageous Simplicity

Courageous Simplicity: Living in the Simple Abundance of Jesus Title: Courageous Simplicity: Abide in the Simple Abundance of Jesus

Author: (in)courage Ginger Kolbaba

Publisher: Revell

Genre: Bible Study/Devotional 

My Review:

"The more you have, the more you are occupied. The less you have, the more free you are." -Mother Teresa

This is my second Bible Study by the (in)courage team and it will not be my last. (You can click here to see the review of the

first study I did) I love the way they design and organize these studies. I appreciate the way they are designed for personal growth. You can do the studies alone, or you can do it with a group. Either way I highly recommend these studies.

"Simplicity isn't really about where we live or what we do-it's about Who we do life with. Simplicity is about a Person."

The Courageous Simplicity Bible Study is a 6-week study, five days a week. Each week is a different theme relating to simplicity. Each day might take about 15 minutes, depending on how fast/slow you read, and how much you put into it. Each day starts with a story that goes along with that week's theme, followed by some questions that are great for self-reflection, looking up verses that pertain to that topic, and ends with a daily prayer. 

"Praising God in the midst of good times is easy; praising Him when hardship comes costs us something-but we still praise because God is still good."

Ginger Kolbaba is the one who wrote and put this book together, although quite a few women gave input and shared their stories (it takes a village).  While you will not see her name mentioned as the author I want to give her credit. 

"Cease striving, and know that our God-an ever-present help in times of trouble, who makes wars cease and causes the earth to be removed and the mountains to fall into the sea-this fearsome and awesome God is with you."

I finished this study today and I was so sad! Usually, by this point in a study, I am ready for it to be over. Some studies just seem to drag and I just want to move on. I was not at that point with this book! I really just wished there was a bit more.

"Following Jesus boils down to this: we have to be quiet enough to hear Him."

Do you desire a simple, more hectic pace? Are you tired of striving and feeling like you are not getting anywhere? Are you tired and weary? If so, I highly recommend grabbing this study and taking the time to go through it. While it is geared toward women, there are undeniable truths that we all need to learn. I would recommend this study to anyone who needs/wants more simplicity in their lives and to have a deeper more fulfilling relationship with Christ. 

"God never forces us to obey Him. We get to choose."

I bought this study from Amazon and did it on my own. I did not buy this book to review it, but reviewed it because I wanted to :) I hope that you will look into this study and enjoy it as much as I did!

Synopsis:

Courageous Simplicity: Abide in the Simple Abundance of Jesus is about learning to fix our eyes and our lives on Jesus Christ. On our own, we can’t do enough or be enough. With God, we have everything we need. This study will help you release control of what frays your soul and will lead you to true refreshment. As you train in the spiritual practice of simplicity, you will discover the God who loves you lavishly and wants to show you how to live with a heart open and surrendered to His presence. We’ll learn how to abide in the simple abundance of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment