Saturday, June 5, 2021

All Arranged

All Arranged (Luella Linley: License to Meddle #3) Title: All Arranged

Series: Luella Linley: License to Meddle #3

Author: Meredith Resce

Publisher: Golden Grain Publishing

Genre: Fiction/Humor

My Review:

I loved this book! While it is the third in the series, it can be read as a stand-alone. You will discover a little bit about characters from previous books, but no major spoilers. I have not read the first two books in the series, but I plan to ASAP.

The premise of this book-an arranged marriage-in this day and age is fascinating. The delivery=better than I could have imagined. There was humor and heartache in this story, but overall a delightful read. It brought out all the feels. I kept finding myself smiling and chuckling as I read. I couldn't devour it fast enough.

The only thing I did not like about this book is there were curse words in it. They did say they "cursed," and I am fine with that. But the B---- word is used and so is a--. One of the main reasons I read Christian fiction is so that I do not have to worry about what I will encounter, so when I come across foul language in a Christian fiction book, it is a real turnoff. I am taking a star off of my rating for that reason.

Other than that one issue, I found the book to be original, the dialogue engaging, the friendships enduring, and some moments so very tender. I think anyone who enjoys a good Rom-com will enjoy this book. 

Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a favorable review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

★★★★/5

Synopsis:

Regency romance author, Luella Linley (AKA Louise Brooker), should feel satisfied she has helped her two daughters marry happily. However, her successful meddling came at a price and her husband has advised she leave the children to their own devices.

But her eldest, Pete, is thirty-five, living back at home and dejected after having been jilted days before his wedding. Her responsible, hard-working and handsome son would make a good husband and father—but he’s given up after three failed relationships. He’s a good catch, but unlikely to be fooled by his mother’s scheming and meddling.

This situation calls for a direct approach. Just like in her novels, Louise decides the parents should do the arranging and sort out the wheat from the chaff.
Carrie Davis is a dedicated career woman and hasn’t had time for relationships. However, her sister, Ellen, is now happily married with a delightful little girl and for the first time, Carrie finds loneliness stalking her. Ellen want’s the best for Carrie, so when she comes across an odd advert in the classifieds, she wonders if it is a prank or an opportunity sent from heaven.

“Wanted. For a social experiment. A family arranged marriage."

Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

I would love to hear from you...have you read this book? What did you think? If you have not read it, will you be adding it to your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment