Sunday, August 29, 2021

MIA-reading interrupted

 You might (or might not have) noticed that I have been missing in action since Wednesday. When I started this blog I was determined to post regularly and I have been until Wednesday. While I love reading and blogging and don't like having things interrupt my reading, I was fully present as I helped pack up my daughter and move her back to college in Ohio, for her second year of college. I had some time to read (not a lot), but I was mostly focused on helping her and enjoying the time with her. I also enjoyed helping her pick some books to take with her 😀 as she is also an avid reader...I might even have bought her a new book before I left her 😂😂

While I would love to jump right back in and write the book reviews for the three books that I have finished and tell you about the current one I am reading, today I am resting. I am exhausted and I start back Homeschooling my son, who is in 11th grade this year, and I just need today to rest. I am going to spend most of the afternoon reading, which sounds deliciously delightful, doesn't it? Over the next few days, I will get into the swing of things and look forward to posting regularly again. If you are the praying sort, will you say a few prayers for my family, and especially my daughter? These transitions are hard and getting back into the normal routines is also difficult. We are a very close family and my daughter was already having some emotional issues yesterday afternoon. Thanks so much, my lovely bookish friends. 




My two loves!!!!
My daughter and her roommate 😀 They were roommates last year and have a great friendship, so thankful and blessed!
Book mail that was waiting for me when I got home!!! My favorite kind of mail... I won the top three books this past month and the bottom one is for a review...

What have you been up to over the last few days? What are you reading?? What books have you added to your stacks?

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family. May God cover you with peace, love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks so much!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. Book mail is the best kind of mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing your book mail stack! Book mail days are the best days.

    God bless you as you rest up from your trip & begin another new year of homeschooling. And blessings to your daughter as well!

    ReplyDelete