Sunday, September 26, 2021

Falling For Your Best Friend's Twin

Title: Falling For Your Best Friend's Twin (AUDIO)

Series: Love Cliches #1

AuthorEmma St. Clair

Narrators: Lorana Hoopes, Kevin Eiger

Publisher: Kirsten Oliphant Audio

Genre: Romantic Comedy, Contemporary Romance

Source: Scribd

My Review:

I absolutely loved this story!

In the opening scene where we get a feel for the friends (Zoey, Harper, Abby, Sam, and Delilah) and how they relate to each other. Sam has an exciting announcement and needs her friend's help with love cliches. Abby doesn't plan to participate in the love cliches or even admit her crush on her best friend's brother. However, things don't always turn out how we plan. 

This book has it all. Strong friendships, great dialogue, a steamy romance, characters that get on your nerves, and a small mystery to solve. There are so many laugh out loud moments and even more moments that will have you snickering and grinning like an idiot (like I was when I was walking around my neighborhood listening to this book!).

I loved that there was a male and female narrator. They did an excellent job and I felt like you knew Abby and Zane even deeper that way. Abby is your computer geek who has struggled with her identity and Zane hired her to solve the problem at his start-up company. He is serious and gruff and Abby gets a rise out of getting to him. These opposites attract and their conversations are hilarious. I love both of their characters. While Abby has struggles she does her best to stay true to herself and you see character growth. Zane treats Abby so well making him your perfect swoon-worthy hero. Yes, he screws up because no man is perfect. BUT, he apologizes and owns up to his mistakes, several times, which not everyone is willing to do, which elevated him a bit higher in my estimation.

I have not read Emma St. Clair before but I will be reading the rest in the series as I am able because who doesn't love a good romantic comedy? I loved this book. While not Christian fiction it is still a clean story. I would say PG to PG-13 depending on how you rate stuff, no cursing, some suggestive comments, and the awareness that two peripheral characters sleep together.

★★★★/5

Synopsis:

There are a million and one reasons why I shouldn’t fall for my BFF’s twin...

Too bad love isn’t reasonable.

Zane is my total opposite. He dates a steady string of women who are nothing like me.

And there’s no way I would risk Zoey’s friendship over my teensy, tiny crush on her brother.

But when Zane hires me to help fix a glitch with his startup’s software, I run into two problems:

1. Someone on the inside seems to be sabotaging it.

2. Working with Zane every day sends my feelings into overdrive.

My master plan is to sniff out the rat, help Zane save the company, and get out while my heart is still intact. No biggie.

But somehow, I get roped into an investors’ spa trip. Which means spending a whole weekend with Zane and sharing a room with his date.

Kill. Me. Now.

This might serve to destroy my crush once and for all.

If it doesn’t destroy me first …
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Falling For Your Best Friend's Twin sounds good! I like a nice romcom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, you will love it! I listened to it on Scribd but Amazon Kindle Unlimited has it free as well. I have already started the next book :)

      Delete