Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Texas Christmas Revenge

 

Title: Texas Christmas Revenge

Author: Connie Queen

Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense

Genre: Suspense, Christian Fiction, Romance

Source: JustRead Publicity Tours

My review:

From the opening scene Texas Christmas Revenge grabs your attention and sucks you in. There is a lot going on in this story and all is not as it seems.

As far as characters go, Levi, the sweet toddler, is the story stealer! He is so cute and it's fun to hear him talk.

Brandi was probably my least favorite character. I did not agree with what she did most of the time. Starting with finding a baby abandoned on her grandmother's farm and not calling the authorities. I don't care who you think the baby belongs to, it's unrealistic to not report it.

Rhett was a decent hero but didn't connect much with him either. While I enjoyed the story, I struggled with so many things that just were not done right and seemed unrealistic.

The story has the expected happily ever. I would recommend this one to those who enjoy Love Inspired Suspense stories, second chance romances, and lots of mystery to unravel.

Thank you to JustRead Publicity Tours for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

An abandoned little boy is the only clue
to a killer's dangerous holiday plot…

Certain a desperate 911 caller is her presumed-dead sister, emergency dispatcher Brandi Callahan follows the cryptic message to a terrified toddler…and an armed assailant. Now Brandi will do anything to protect the boy—even if it means asking her ex-fiancĂ©, Texas Ranger Rhett Kincaid, for help. But can Brandi and Rhett stop this killer before he exacts his terrible Christmas vengeance?

From Love Inspired Suspense: Courage. Danger. Faith.

 

6 comments:

  1. I think the same things that are bothering you about this book, will probably bother me too. But that cover is sooo enticing!

    Lovely and honest review Cindy.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is enticing and the story was good...just a few things that really bothered me, especially putting the toddler in danger!

      Delete
  2. I hate when characters make decisions that don't make sense whatsoever. Do bad things happen to the kids? I'm a little sensitive when it comes to children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, no, nothing bad happens to the toddler, I just felt that Brandi put him in danger (he did start in danger and that was not on her!), but then she put him in some unsafe situations. Not on purpose, of course, but still! It was a good book.

      Delete
  3. No way would you find a baby and not report it! Nice review Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Wendy, that was so frustrating. However, the book was good ;)

      Delete