Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday-Never Leave Me

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Typically they are books that have not been released yet. This week I am sharing Never Leave Me by Jody Hedlund. It is the second book in the Waters of  Time series and it releases January 4, 2022.  I am NOT a Science fiction fan but I LOVED her first book, Come Back to Me. You can read all my gushing here. Early reviews are mixed, some say better than the first book, and others say it is just okay. Regardless, I think I need to find time to reread the first one as I gear up to read the second!


About the book (from Goodreads):

In the last stages of a genetic disease, Ellen Creighton has decided to live out her remaining days at the estate of her longtime friend Harrison Burlington. Harrison cares deeply for Ellen, but as a wheelchair-bound paraplegic, he's never allowed himself to get serious in a relationship. However, he's desperately trying to save her by finding the holy water that is believed to heal any disease.

When he locates two flasks, Ellen refuses to drink one of them because she believes the holy water killed her sister and father. In an effort to convince her to take it, Harrison ingests the contents first, and when Ellen witnesses the effects, she can no longer deny the power of the substance in the bottles. Dangerous criminals are also seeking the holy water, and Ellen soon learns they will go to any lengths to get the powerful drug--including sending her back into the past to find it for them.

Bestselling and award-winning author Jody Hedlund plunges you into the swiftly flowing river of history in a race against the clock in this breathtaking, emotional second Waters of Time story.

What book are you eagerly anticipating? If you would like to join in the Can't wait Wednesday fun just click on the image below to be taken to today's post. Happy reading!

 

19 comments:

  1. Ooh I like the sound of the holy water element- interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yu enjoy this when you read it -- it sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good read. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book and a bit different too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is gorgeous! Never heard of the author or this series but it sounds good. I know time travel from the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon, but with holy water it is new to me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inkvotary-I LOVED the first one and can't wait to see if this one will be as good! This is not a genre I usually read but it really impressed me.

      Delete
  7. I'm not all that into time travel stories in books, but I am tempted to give this series a chance since it's by Jody Hedlund. Plus, I'd be curious to see how she writes in a completely different genre. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I am not either. AT ALL. However, I LOVED the first book and I am looking forward to this one!

      Delete
  8. Wow, what an interesting and unique premise. I hope this is a great read for you, Cindy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, I am going to be sorely disappointed if it's not! I loved the first one.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Sarita, right?! So exciting...it's almost here!

      Delete