Thursday, December 23, 2021

Holly Jolly Christmas

Title: Holly Jolly Christmas

Series: Seeking Justice

Author: C.C. Warrens

Publisher: C.C. Warrens

Genre: Christmas, Christian Fiction

My Review:

I always have a hard time putting down C. C. Warrens books, and this one was no different! While Holly Jolly Christmas could be read as a stand-alone Christmas novella, I would not read it without first reading the Holly series.

The series will help you understand what Holly has gone through when Marx talks about how difficult her past has been. Plus, I just LOVED the series. They were all 5 star reads for me. My only regret is that I did not get to this book sooner.

First of all, this is a novella, but it does not read like one. Second, it is 245 pages which to me, is a full-size novel. Third, I loved this story. I enjoyed seeing Marx's family and Holly's awe of Christmas through the eyes of Marx's family. I loved that even though they went to Marx's family's house for Christmas, Holly still managed to get herself in trouble, staying true to her character. I loved the hint of mystery, the thread of redemption and forgiveness, and the complex nature of family.  I appreciated seeing how traits are passed from generation to generation, yet we can make different choices from those who have gone before us.

Holly Jolly Christmas is a beautiful story and one you do not want to miss. I would also recommend reading the Seeking Justice series to understand Marx better.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Beneath the twinkling lights and neatly wrapped packages, lay bitter memories and carefully-kept secrets . . .Three decades have passed since Marx last set foot in his family's Georgia home. The house has faded over the years, but the haunting memories contained within its walls remain crisp and unforgettable.If not for the girl asleep in the passenger's seat of his car, Marx would turn his car around and head back to his life in New York City. But it's time to face his demons.This novella is a Seeking Justice Christmas novella that falls between "Injustice for All" and "Imperfect Justice."

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check out C.C. Warrens books. So glad you really liked this one.

    ReplyDelete