Saturday, December 11, 2021

Lights Out

Title: Lights Out

Series: The SNAP Agency #1

Author: Natalie Walters

Publisher: Revell

Genre: Christian Fiction, Suspense, Contemporary 

Source: Revell

My Review:

 I enjoy Natalie Walter's writing. When I saw she had a new book coming out, I immediately signed up to read it. I love the cover and the premise of the story. Lights Out is the first book in The SNAP Agency series.

The last time Brynn and Jack had seen each other was over nine years ago in less than ideal circumstances. Fate throws them together again, and while the scenario is different, it is still less than ideal for them to be working together.

Walters has built a fast-pasted, dynamic story. I love how seamlessly the timeline flows (I struggled with Initium). While they are not always in one location, the story flows smoothly. The SNAP agency is a group of eclectic members that give off Leverage (TV show) vibes, where each member has unique gifts that they bring to the table. Each one is vital to the mission. Just as each member of the body of Christ is vital to the Church.

I love this cast of characters and their interactions with each other. I think Kekoa and his well-timed humor might be my favorite. While books like this can be intense, the humor, and witty dialogue kept it from being too intense. The romantic thread is realistic and natural, as is the faith element. The plot is maybe a little too realistic but that just adds to the intensity of the story. I found Lights Out hard to put down, easy to read, and another great suspense book by Walters. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

I would recommend Lights Out to anyone who loves a good suspense story that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Thank you to Revell for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

CIA analyst Brynn Taylor developed a new program to combat terrorism, and she invited members of foreign intelligence agencies to America to foster cooperation between countries. Now one of them, Egyptian spy Remon Riad, is missing.

Jack Hudson has been working for the Strategic Neutralization and Protection Agency (SNAP) for almost nine years and takes the lead in hunting down the missing spy. But he isn't at all pleased to find out Brynn is involved. It's hard to trust a woman who's already betrayed you.

Every lead they follow draws them dangerously deeper into an international plot. Kidnapping, murder, explosions, poisoning--the terrorists will do anything to accomplish their goal of causing a digital blackout that will blind a strategic US military communications center and throw the world into chaos.

Can Brynn surrender control to a man who doesn't trust her? And can Jack ever get over what she did to him? The fate of the world--and their hearts--hangs in the balance.
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying this series and it's getting better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of Natalie's more recent releases, but do remember being quite impressed by her debut novel. I'd imagine she's only gotten stronger yet. :)

    ReplyDelete