Monday, December 6, 2021

Virtual TBR 2022 Reading Challenge

Once again I am signing up for a challenge that will help me with my ever growing to be read list! With 430+ books on my "want to read" shelf on Goodreads I need help! I also need a challenge to help me maintain my focus. 

This challenge, a sister site to the Mount TBR Challenge is for folks who have a long "wish-list" of TBRs and who would like a chance to tackle those mountains. The strategy and general set-up is the same as for the regular Mount TBR--but you don't own the books. Heard about a great book from a friend, took note of the title, and then never got around to reading it? Saw a book online that you thought sounded intriguing but you keep putting off ordering it up from the library? You borrowed a book from somebody and need an extra push to read it and return it? This is the place for you!


Challenge levels:
Mount Rum Doodle: Read 12 books from your Virtual TBR/Wish List/Library
Mount Crumpit: Read 24 books from your Virtual TBR/Wish List/Library
Mount Munch: Read 36 books from your Virtual TBR/Wish List/Library
White Plume Mountain: Read 48 books from your Virtual TBR/Wish List/Library
Stormness Head: Read 60 books from you Virtual TBR/Wish List Library
Mount Mindolluin: Read 75 books from your Virtual TBR/Wish List/Library
Mount Seleya: Read 100 books from your Virtual TBR/Wish List/Library
Mount Olympus: Read 150+ books from your Virtual TBR/Wish List/Library

In keeping with the virtual nature of the challenge, all mountains are fictional (reference in comments below).

The Rules:
~This challenge is only for books you do not own. They may be borrowed from the library, a friend, found on a free e-book site (like Project Gutenberg), or anywhere else that allows you to temporarily "checkout" the book. Also--unlike Mount TBR--there is no date limit on your wish list. If you see a book that strikes your fancy after January 1 and want to grab it from the library, etc. then go for it.

To see the rest of the rules/details please head over to My Reader's Block website. Take a look at the other challenges she is hosting while you are there!

I plan to read at least 36 books from my TBR mountain of books that I own, which is the Mount Munch level. Will you be participating in this challenge?? If so, let me know, I would love to cheer you on and feel free to cheer me on as well, LOL! To sign up or see the original post at The Reader's Block host site click on the logo below.
 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a challenge I would benefit from. I finally whittled down my Kindles Samples list this year, but it only accelerated the growth of my tbr list! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I STILL have not finished that!! I need to but it's so much and there's only so much time in the day! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I might do this challenge! It sounds like it's not too intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, exactly and we are reading our own neglected books, LOL!

      Delete