Saturday, January 29, 2022

Stacking the shelves #8/Sunday Post #5

Hey bookish friends! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. We got snow last night for the third weekend in a row. It was about 2 inches but didn't cover the road. It's cold and quite windy today, but that suits me just fine, I plan to stay inside 😁 What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

For Review:

 
From the Library (planning to read in Feb.) :
  
Kindle Freebies:
Book Mail:
Won in a giveaway
Even though I had an e-copy I HAD to buy it
I won it in an author giveaway
This is the next Jane Austin I want to try, ordered it from Amazon
Splurge buy in the check-out line, because BETTY WHITE

I recently did a post on Facebook looking for people to participate in a book exhange, you send one book and could get up to 36 back, I in the last few weeks I had received10 books and got another one this week, bringing my total up to 11! 😁 I do not expect any more.


I added 20 books to my Goodreads shelf this week! It's too many to post here 😉  

I finished 5 books this week and have started 3 more (1 audio, 1 fiction,1 non-fiction). I have posted or scheduled all of the reviews.

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 

Sunday Post

22 comments:

  1. I hope you have a nice quiet weekend! Mulberry Hollow has such a lovely cover. So inviting. I hope you enjoy your new books! I really enjoyed Northanger Abbey and hope you will too. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, I am actually looking forward to reading Northanger Abbey, I hope to get to it in February. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Death on the Nile looks sofun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished The Buy-In and really loved it. I think you found a new auto buy author for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death on the Nile is one of my top 3 favorite Agatha Christie novels. Such a brilliant story. I've seen the Buy-In around, so I guess there has to be something about it!

    Have a good week and happy reading!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elza, glad to hear Death on the Nile is in your top 3, hopefully I will enjoy it as well. I loved The Buy-In, it's great, if you enjoy romantic comedies! Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. To Disguise the Truth looks good. I also need to read something by Emma St. Clair, that book is on my list! Have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, yay! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. We had snow in the forecast Friday/Saturday even in Charleston, but it didn't quite make it this far south. I'm not complaining! My parents, just north of Asheville, were supposed to only get 1-2" of snow. They got 7"!

    I'm looking forward to the movie of Death on the Nile. I'm sure I read it in my teens when I was on an Agatha Christie kick but I don't remember anything about it.

    My local library has set up a big display about Betty White. I haven't checked it out to see what books they've put on it, but they have a big printout of her face above the shelf. It's nice to walk in and see that smile.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 7" is a lot of snow! Glad you all missed it. We had about 2 inches but not on the streets, so that was nice. I can't remember if I have read Death on the Nile before, but I am looking forward to it. I wonder if my library has done anything for Betty White? Will have to look when I am in there tomorrow! Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Mulberry Hollow looks really good and it has such a pretty cover. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne, Mulberry Hollow is the second in the series and I recently read the first. So, I am looking forward to it (and also need to read it while I still remember what happened, LOL).

      Delete
  8. Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile. What an excellent library find. I hope you enjoy it. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy this one by Agatha Christie. Last year, I finished a project of listening to all of Hercule Poirot. I loved the experience - this was one of the books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, that's cool! Glad you enjoyed the book. Have a good week.

      Delete
  10. I love snow but we haven't had any here (south of England) in... 3 years, I think. I mean, there's been a couple of occasions where a few flakes have fallen but not settled. No proper snow. :(

    I hope you enjoy your books and have a good week! Reading under a blanket with snow outside is bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicci, that's how it has been here, no real snow. We've now had ice/snow for the last 3 weekends, not much, but it's something! Have a great week!

      Delete
  11. Jane Austen is great, but Northanger Abbey was not at the top of my list of JA books.

    You are always welcome to leave your link on Sunday Salon, if you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I didn't love Sense and Sensibility so hoping to enjoy this one more. Thanks for stopping by. I keep forgetting about the Sunday Salon, I need to write it down. Thanks for the reminder :)

      Delete