Thursday, January 27, 2022

To Steal A Heart

Title: To Steal A Heart (Audio)

Series: The Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency #1

Author: Jen Turano

Narrator: Andrea Emmes

Publisher: Two Words Publishing

Genre: Christian Fiction, Historical Fiction, Mystery, Romance

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

Jen Turano is an author that I am trying to catch up on her backlist (and prepare for her upcoming novel). Why? Because her books have the perfect dose of humor in them. I have only read a few of hers, but her writing does not disappoint.

I enjoyed To Steal a Heart. With the perfect blend of humor, romance, and mystery, this book was hard to put down (or rather stop listening to!). Quite a few things are going on in the story, but they all come together nicely, with a few surprises that I felt like I should have seen coming but didn't.

I absolutely loved the characters, especially Gabriella, Nicholas, and Daphne. There were quite a few characters and normally I would have difficulty with that, however, they were introduced slowly and thoroughly, making them easy to follow. There were a few characters I did not like but we are not supposed to! I enjoyed the animals too, LOL!

I highly recommend this story to anyone who enjoys historical fiction mixed with humor, who needs something to laugh about and will keep your attention long past your bedtime. 

★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

After a childhood as a street thief, Gabriella Goodhue thought she'd put her past behind her until a fellow resident at her boardinghouse is unjustly accused of theft. In the middle of breaking into a safe that holds the proof to prove her friend's innocence, Gabriella is interrupted by Nicholas Quinn, the man she once considered her best friend—until he abandoned her.

After being taken under the wing of a professor who introduced him into society and named him as heir, Nicholas is living far removed from his childhood life of crime. As a favor to a friend, Nicholas agreed to help clear the name of an innocent woman, never imagining he'd be reunited with the girl he thought lost to him forever.

As Gabriella and Nicholas are thrown together into one intrigue after another, their childhood affection grows into more, but their newfound feelings are tested when truths about their past are revealed and danger follows their every step.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything light-hearted mystery like this in a while. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anstice, I am needing things more light recently! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to catch up on all of Turano's books, too. This sounds like a fun romance. If only I had more time for reading! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I understand completely! I listened to this one a lot over the last few days while I was cleaning house and stuff :)

      Delete
  3. It's so great when you find an author you really enjoy! I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete