Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Meet Me in Myrtle Beach

Title: Meet Me in Myrtle Beach (Audio)

Series: Hunt Family #1

Author: Brooke St. James

Publisher: Audible Audio

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Christian Fiction

Source: own

My review:

Meet Me in Myrtle Beach is my first book by Brooke St. James.

I decided to read it because I have had it forever on my Kindle and because the setting is South Carolina, so I could use it for two reading challenges 😀

I have to say that this starts off a bit unrealistic. Paige meets Mrs. Hunt, they chat over breakfast, Mrs. Hunt offers Paige a job and she accepts without having a clue what she will be doing or how much money she will be making. Two days later they head off to Myrtle Beach, with Paige still not knowing  her job. When they are almost there Mrs. Hunt tells Paige she needs to relax and look at this week as a vacation. Hello? Seriously? Mrs. Hunt can give me a job and immediately take me on vacation.

This story is insta-love, a bit cheesy, but a quick, easy read. There are a lot of characters as it is setting up a series, but they are introduced slowly and easy to keep straight. I thought it was overall a cute read with some really cute and lovable characters.

If you can remember that the book is a work of fiction you can get past the unrealistic aspects and enjoy a sweet, clean romance. 

★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

Paige Spears was on her way to a job interview when she first met Diane Hunt. The two of them made friendly conversation while waiting for their breakfast, and Diane ended up asking Paige to come work for her for the summer. Paige was reluctant about beginning her cooperate career anyway, so she jumped at Diane's offer.

As luck would have it, her first assignment was to spend a week in Myrtle Beach with Diane and her family. Paige quickly found herself in a car with a woman she'd just met, headed to a place she'd never been, and about to be on a vacation with people she didn't know.

She thought she'd make the best of it and enjoy one last summer adventure before joining the real world. She had no idea this trip would change her life forever.  

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a job that takes me to Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, me too, especially for a vacation, LOL!

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Myrtle Beach. But, you're right, I would never take a job where I didn't know what was involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, right?! Recipe for disaster, except of course, in fiction, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Do you like insta-love romances? I know they are pretty unrealistic, but it seems a lot of clean or inspy romance has the characters fall in love super quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, I do like insta-romances at times, especially when they are well-written. In this case, the close proximity for a week does lend itself credence. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete