Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Flights of Fancy

Title: Flights of Fancy

Series: American Heiresses #1

Author: Jen Turano

Publisher: Bethany House

Genre:Historical Fiction, Humor, Christian Fiction, Romance

Source: Kindle Owned

My review:

You all know I am a huge fan of Jen Turano. The more I read her books, the more books of hers I want to read. 

I have to say this is one of the sweetest books of hers I have read. I love Izzy and Ian, but the children steal the show and pull on my heartstrings! However, the character growth that Izzy and Ian experience is incredible. Their eyes are opened to things they never knew existed.  I also appreciated the quirky scenes the animals added to the story.

I felt so many things as I read this book. There are several deeply tender moments and other moments that made me so mad at the children's previous caretaker! At times I laughed, at other times I had tears in my eyes.  I was so sad when this book was over and hope we get to catch up with these characters again.

There is so much I could say about Flights of Fancy but it's a book you simply must experience for yourself. If you love historical fiction, read it. If you love humor in your books, read it. If you enjoy quirky characters, read it. There is something for everyone and I think this is my favorite Turano book yet!

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

Miss Isadora Delafield may be an heiress, but her life is far from carefree. When her mother begins pressuring her to marry an elderly and uncouth duke, she escapes from the high society world she's always known and finds herself an unlikely candidate for a housekeeper position in rural Pennsylvania.

Mr. Ian MacKenzie is known for his savvy business sense and has built his reputation and fortune completely through traditional hard work. But when his adopted parents are in need of a new housekeeper and Isadora is thrown into his path, he's unexpectedly charmed by her unconventional manner.

Neither Isadora nor Ian expected to find the other so intriguing, but when a chain of mysterious incidents on the farm point to a larger threat, they'll have to set aside everything they thought they wanted for a chance at happy-ever-after.

Challenges:

 

4 comments:

  1. I should spend a month this summer just catching up on Jen Turano's and Karen Witemeyer's books! This does sound like a very cute read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I am catching up on them ;) I LOVE listening to them in audio and my library has a lot of their books on Hoopla :)

      Delete
  2. I am going to find a Jen Turano book and read it! They all sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I don't think you will be disappointed! I have not read one yet that I have not enjoyed!

      Delete