Saturday, March 19, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #15, Sunday Post #12, Sunday Salon #7

Hey bookish friends! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend. Today is a bit dreary but it's supposed to clear up and get to about 77 degrees. I took a walk with my husband this morning and plan to catch up on some reviews before heading to a gender reveal party this afternoon. What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Nothing new, no pending requests.

Library:

Picked up our next book club book which I read in 2018 and rated it 5 stars, but it has been long enough that I don't remember anything about it. (and I haven't read the back cover to see what it's about, so it will be like a new book, LOL).

Kindle Freebies:

For Review:
 
I loved Debra's first book Forbidden Gift, it had  a very unique story line, especially for being Amish fiction, so I am looking forward to reading this one as well.

I added 13 books to my Goodreads shelf this week (much better than previous weeks)!!!!

I finished 5 books this week and still need to post 2 of the reviews.

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 

28 comments:

  1. Very nice haul, Cindy. I have not read The Great Alone, but it sure looks good, as do all your other books. I did not add anything to my TBR this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, good for you! I was not going to until I saw the romcom freebies and I couldn't resist, especially since several of them were already on my TBR.

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! I love it when I can't remember very much about a book that I love because it is almost like reading it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and enjoyed The Great Alone when it first came out. I do remember it was well written though a bit depressing. I've read most of Kristin Hannah over the years, and enjoyed most. It's great when you get to pick up a book you remember liking but have forgotten enough about it that it can seem new again.I looked up Torres's Forbidden Gift and it sounds like a different type of Amish story. Enjoy your large haul of books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading rom coms lately. I see you have some too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, yes! Love them. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the nice weather. We won't be back to the upper 70's until Tuesday around here.

    Quite the book haul, but it is so hard to turn them down when they are free, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had great weather everywhere I've been in the last two weeks. Spring and fall and winter are the ideal times to live along the Gulf Coast of Texas.

    It's always fun when you reread a book that you really enjoyed. It's especially great when you don't really remember much about the story.

    Have a great week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, glad you have had great weather with your travels! I hope you have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  7. I hope you like The Great Alone (again). I loved the beginning of that book but not the end. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like when my book club books that I've previously read are ones I don't remember very well so I can read again and it's like reading it for the first time. Enjoy reading The Great Alone again. :D

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni, my last book club pick I had just read it so I didn't bother reading it again, just skimmed for highlights. I am looking forward to reading this one again.

      Delete
  9. Like me you get all the freebies you might want to read. The weather has been good and I've been walking with Lulu on some longer routes. Also I've been trying new recipes and doing some planning for the garden.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I have been cutting down on the freebies, really trying to get to the books I already have, but couldn't resist the romantic comedies. Have a great week!

      Delete
  10. Wow! You sure got a lot of cute books this week! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking books. I picked up a few of those too. I haven't read Kristin Hannah's books in a long time but I usually like them. The Great Alone looks good. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne. I haven't read Kristin Hannah in a long time as well.

      Delete
  12. We did get a bunch of the same freebies it looks like. Are you like me and those fun illustration covers grab you when you see them? lol I'm unfortunately doing too much judging by covers. HOpe you have a great week, thanks for stopping by Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, yes, plus I like the author's work that recommended them to me ;) sometimes it's fun to grab a book based on the cover.

      Delete
  13. Don't you just love Kristin Hannah? I read and enjoyed Four Winds...lots to think about there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I have read any of her books but I kept saying I needed to catch up on them.

      Delete
  14. Hope you enjoyed the gender reveal party. I love Kristin Hanna's books, The Great Alone was so good! Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the gender reveal, it was a girl and everyone was surprised!!! I read The Great Alone in 2018 and gave it 5 stars, but didn't review it so don't remember much about it or my thoughts, LOL. Looking forward to reading it again.

      Delete