Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Canyon Survival

Title: Canyon Survival

Author: Connie Queen

Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense

Genre: Suspense, Romance, Christian Fiction

Source: JustReads & Net Galley

My Review:

Canyon Survival is appropriately named, and the cover does the story justice. I love the cover and the story made me want to visit a canyon, just not under the circumstances the main characters find themselves in.

Queen immediately sets you down in the middle of a mystery. Staring with a woman with amnesia caring for two kids in the middle of nowhere, running for their lives. From the beginning, the story is fraught with tension, suspense, a budding relationship, sweet children, and so much more.

There is a lot going on in the story, and I did not figure out the bad guys until almost the end. My biggest struggle with the book was it was very description heavy, whereas I prefer more dialogue. It was a quick read with a unique setting.

 Thank you to Net Galley and JustReads Publicity for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a favorable review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

 Ambushed in the canyon

with no memory of why…

Waking on a cliffside with bullets firing and two unknown children at her side, Annie Tillman knows she must run—even if she doesn’t know why. Dashing to the nearest ranch leads her to former FBI agent Riggs Brenner, who just might be their best chance of surviving in the canyon. But can Annie overcome her amnesia and uncover the reason why they’re being chased?

From Love Inspired Suspense: Courage. Danger. Faith.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great. And I love that it's set in a canyon! I live close to many canyons and they are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, they do sound fascinating and I have never lived close enough to visit one. Hopefully some day :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh...I love the sound of this one! But then any book with the words canyon and survival in the title is going to draw me in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to visit a canyon because of the book :)

      Delete