Monday, May 2, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #11 '22

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are planning to read over the week. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and add to your TBR pile! This meme is hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. I am reading Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. This is not my typical read but it's the book picked for my book club this week.

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

Everyone in Shaker Heights was talking about it that summer: how Isabelle, the last of the Richardson children, had finally gone around the bend and burned the house down.

In Shaker Heights, a placid, progressive suburb of Cleveland, everything is meticulously planned - from the layout of the winding roads, to the colours of the houses, to the successful lives its residents will go on to lead. And no one embodies this spirit more than Elena Richardson, whose guiding principle is playing by the rules.

Enter Mia Warren - an enigmatic artist and single mother- who arrives in this idyllic bubble with her teenage daughter Pearl, and rents a house from the Richardsons. Soon Mia and Pearl become more than just tenants: all four Richardson children are drawn to the mother-daughter pair. But Mia carries with her a mysterious past, and a disregard for the rules that threatens to upend this carefully ordered community.

When old family friends attempt to adopt a Chinese-American baby, a custody battle erupts that dramatically divides the town - and puts Mia and Elena on opposing sides. Suspicious of Mia and her motives, Elena is determined to uncover the secrets in Mia's past. But her obsession will come at an unexpected and devastating cost . . .
  

 I also did a monthly wrap-up for April, which you can read if you are interested here.

So, what have you been reading lately? And what's coming up on your radar? If you would like to join the fun click on the link below 😀

12 comments:

  1. I loved Little Fires Everywhere, and also loved the miniseries. Enjoy your week and your books, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the last person on Earth not to have read Little Fires Everywhere yet! Hope you enjoy it - it's on my (never-ending) list :)

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, nope. I probably would not have picked it up if it hadn't been picked for the book club.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this book when I read it prior to the mini-series. I hope that you will too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love books about neighbors. I haven't read this, but I've heard it's very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, it's very different, lots of secrets, lots of descriptions too.

      Delete
  5. I heard of this book. Sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2022/05/my-first-book-haul-of-may.html

    ReplyDelete