Sunday, May 1, 2022

April Reading Wrap-Up

Happy May, my bookish friends!!! I can't believe the year is almost half over! My daughter has finished up her semester at college and my son will be graduating high school soon. To say time is flying is an understatement. How was reading month? I had a mixed reading month.

I read 19 books, dnf 1. Click on the cover of the book if you want to read my review.

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

4⭐⭐⭐⭐

3⭐⭐⭐ or less 

Updates on my reading challenges:

Goodreads: 81/200 (added 20 this month)

50 Book Challenge: 26/50 (added 3 this month)

Mount TBR: 23/48 (added 2 this month)

2022 Read you Bookshelf Challenge: 4/12 (read April book)

Virtual TBR: 31/36 (added 8)

Alphabet Author Edition: 20/26 (added 2)

Literary Escapes (States): 14/50 (added 2)

I am planning to spend the next few months mostly focused on ARC's and my own books, with the exception of book club books. I am trying to read more of my own books (over 150 physical books that I have not read, we are not going to talk about the Kindle). I am planning to devote June and July to my own books.

How did you do for your reading in April? Did we read any of the same books? If you are participating in reading challenges, how are you doing?

26 comments:

  1. You have done a lot of reading! Seen must be quite an informative book to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seen was an amazing book and I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I have a hard time reading 8-10 books in a month so this is an outstanding accomplishment. Have a wonderful May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it helps that several were audio books as I am spending a lot of time in the car right now with taking my son to and from work.

      Delete
  3. You sure had a great reading month. 19 books is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good books read in April! I think I'm most excited to read Roots of Wood and Stone and Storing Up Trouble. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great reading month! And your books look like a good mix between fun and more serious. I love the cover of Storing Up Trouble.

    Have a wonderful week, and may the month of May bring you plenty of good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark, it was good. Storing Up Trouble was so much fun!

      Delete
  6. The school year is crazy, right?! I can't believe it's almost over too. I only have finals left and then I'm still trying to decide if I should take a class during the summer. I hope you have a great week! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, I understand. I did my Master's a few years ago and I just decided to push through to get it finished, even though a summer break would be nice too. Good luck with your finals and the decision!

      Delete
  7. You had a great reading month! I hope May is even better for you. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great month Cindy! So many 5 star reads too! I hope you have a great May!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. 19 books?! That is a lot of reading for the month. You definitely had a good month of reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yo! That is one stunning pile of books that you've read in April. Almost 20! I don't think I'll ever manage that. I don't do a wrap-up, I just try to get through my library card as much as possible. I'll only update my May Library card when we have book club.

    I hope May will be a wonderful reading month for you as well!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elza, I currently don't work full time or even outside my home, so I have a more flexible schedule. I am sure when I go back to work (soonish) I will unfortunately have less reading time ;)

      Delete
  11. Looks as though you had a GREAT reading month! And enjoyed some of your reads too. That's always the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe the school year is almost over. I'm excited for summer!

    19 books!? Wow! You killed it in April. I hope you have a great May as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, I can't either!! How is it May already??

      Delete
  13. Lots of books! Here is my April reads: https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2022/05/monthly-recap-april-2022.html

    ReplyDelete