Monday, April 25, 2022

Sea Glass Cottage

Title: Sea Glass Cottage

Series: Hope Harbor #8

Author: Irene Hannon

Genre: Christian Fiction, Romance

Publisher: Revell

Source: Net Galley and Publisher

My Review:

Welcome back to Hope Harbor. I have read quite a few of the books in this series and have enjoyed them all. They can be read as stand-alone novels, but do have some repeat characters in each book.

Sea Glass Cottage focuses on Christi and Jack. There is also a pretty heavy thread with Steve and Beth. Both are second chance romances. The story flows smoothly and is a quick read.

There are some surprises in the story, but other parts toward the end are predictable.

I have mixed feelings about this book and am not sure what to say. I think it is my least favorite of all the Hope Harbor books that I have read. In some ways, I felt like there were no new ideas presented, but in other ways, I felt that some of our favorite repeat characters had changed. Charley seemed to be in more places than he had in previous books, and more serious. I also felt there were too many coincidences. 

I am glad I read it and will continue to read more (expected 3 more) in this series.

Thank you to Net Galley and Revell for the opportunity to read Sea Glass Cottage. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

Christi Reece is desperate. The one-time golden girl's life has tarnished, and a cascade of setbacks has left her reeling. She needs help, and she's certain Jack Colby is in a position to provide it.

When she shows up in Hope Harbor, however, Jack wants nothing to do with the woman who betrayed him. He's built a new life on the Oregon coast--and there's no room in it for Christi, even after she takes refuge in a charming but mysterious cottage nearby. Yet it soon becomes apparent his opinion of her may need revising . . . especially when he ends up needing her help.

Can these two hurting souls make peace with their past and open their hearts to a new beginning?

Come home to Hope Harbor--where hearts heal . . . and love blooms.

Bestselling and award-winning author Irene Hannon delivers another heartwarming and romantic story set in the enchanting seaside community of Hope Harbor that is loved by readers the world over. Once you visit, you'll never want to leave.

Challenges:

 

2 comments:

  1. I've read a few books by Irene Hannon a few years back and really enjoyed them, but I haven't read any recently. I'll have to check her out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy her books, she is such a great writer!

      Delete