Saturday, May 14, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #22, Sunday Post #19, Sunday Salon #14

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? It was a very busy week and start of the weekend, which is why I am getting this out later than usual (again!). My son graduated this morning (see picture below). Since we home school it was a very small ceremony and the end of our 11 year homeschooling journey. I have not processed it yet.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Library:

None.

Kindle Freebies:

None!

Bought

I got the Ravi Zacharias book with store credit so it was free 😀. 

 I added 7 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I only finished 2 books again this week 😲 which is low for me. I still need to write the review for one of them!

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

28 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son! It took me a while to process after our son graduated from homeschool too. He lived at home for college which helped.

    May has been quite busy as is often the case. I am finding my reading, and especially my blogging, are suffering!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, I think this is the busiest May we have had, so much going on and in so many different directions too. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to your son for graduation!! Well done to have homeschooled him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only three new books. Just slightly ahead of your reading pace.

    Congrats to your son (and you for working yourself out of your teaching job)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only finished two books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your son! I can only imagine how much fun it was for you to homeschool him for all of those years, to guide his learning. Job well done!

    I only read three books, and all of them were very light and not terribly good. I feel like I need to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, thank you, I homeschooled my daughter too, but she graduated two years ago. I also feel like I need to get back on track with my reading. I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your son's graduation! My Sunday Post: https://bonniereadsandwrites.wordpress.com/2022/05/15/sunday-post-4/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your son! This sounds like a big accomplishment for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your son! How awesome. And that Zacharias book looks good- I remember seeing something on it a while back and it sounded super good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Homeschooling is a real commitment. May is a busy time of year with graduation and gardening and summer plans.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying really hard to not add any books to my Goodreads shelf this month, rather, I am trying to read the TBR list down to under 200 titles. We'll see if I make it. My Sunday Salon post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Anne, that is an amazing goal!! Good luck!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations to your son! That's quite the achievement! :D Is he your youngest? I'm also wondering if all 11 of those journeys are your own kids or if you homeschool other family's kids too. I came from a family of 7, but you don't see very many large families anymore. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, I know a lot of homeschooling families with larger families (2 families have 10 kids each). Yes, my son is my youngest. I home schooled both of my kids, starting when my daughter went into 4th and my son into 1st grade. My son graduated a year early. I have helped families over the years with their kids, but mostly just mine.

      Delete
  12. Congrats to your son! That's wonderful! Your books all look good. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your boys graduation. You must be so proud. ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's a big accomplishment. Congrats to your son! Those books look good. I hope you are having a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, it's another slow reading week!

      Delete