Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday-I spy a reader's space

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is book is comfort reads. So, books have always been an escape for me. I don't really have a "comfort read" as all books are basically an escape. Not sure if that makes sense or not. After agonizing way more than I probably should have for today's post, I finally decided to share my main reading space. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

I will start by saying that the room that I consider my "reading" space/work space has been many things over the 6 years that we have lived in this house. It started as an office, then went to a guest bedroom, then a sewing room, to a room for our foster children, back to a guest room/study room when my daughter had to do college from home, to a small reading space to what it is now. Just last weekend we switched out a love seat to the red couch you see in the pictures. The red couch was downstairs and was part of our homeschooling room, but since my son graduated it was no longer needed in that space. We had to rearrange this room completely in order for the couch to fit.

I Spy Ten Things This reader wants/needs/has for a comfy reading space:

 1. A comfy couch

2. Fun pillows

3. Cozy blankets -the purple one is a lap blanket my mom made for me and the white one is one that I won from author Jenifer Metzger in a giveaway quite a while back! It is super cozy (from Target) and we won't talk about how often one of my kiddos steals it to wrap up in 😂

4. Plenty of light

5. TBR BOOK cart

6. Extra bookcase with more TBR books 😂

7. Tissues 😂

8. Kindle Pillow stand

9. Books that need to be put away (stacked on couch and on floor)

10. Blog notebook to keep up with posts 

I could add pretty pens, stickers, post-its etc... but you get the picture. Is there anything you would add to this space? What is one of your "must-haves" for your reading space?


What did you do for this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.  

32 comments:

  1. A TBR book cart is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I heard of it from Pam over @ https://readbakecreate.com/bookish-gift-guide-big-spender-edition/

      Delete
  2. Monday I went to the office to write. I love your comfortable space for reading, looks better than my recliner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your reading space does look very cosy! I need lots of pillows as I have a bad back, so that's my biggest must for any reading space.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/31/top-ten-tuesday-370/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on all books being comfort reads. And the only thing I'd add to that lovely space is more and bigger bookcases! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, our bigger bookcases are in other rooms, LOL! We have 19 bookcases in our house.

      Delete
  5. I'm with you, any book is a comfort read for me. And the only thing I would add to that lovely room is a few more larger bookcases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That room has been a lot of different things! That's neat though that you've been able to use it for so many purposes. Looks nice.

    Stacked books ha ha. Can relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I am *usually* an organized person but just haven't had time to finish with the books and get them in there proper place, LOL.

      Delete
  7. What a great room to read in. I also have a reading room. It's purple, full of bookshelves and a very comfy recliner. It's my sanctuary. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a reading space, but in the room where my shelves are, I always have books on the floor. Reminds me, it's time for another unhaul for sure! :) Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, now that I have a little library I STILL have too many books. They are not going as fast in the library as I would like, LOL.

      Delete
  9. A great twist! Love your reading room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so cozy! I want to come over and read with you in that room. Ha ha!

    I completely understand what you mean by all books are an escape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great, Cindy! I especially need 4. Plenty of light, and Tissues when I read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for today's post. And you are right, any book is a comfort read that leads us to another world.

    I absolutely love your reading space. How wonderful. I might have to do that one day, as well.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT this week which is a little different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, thank you. Books are meant to be enjoyed and I will not finish it if it is bringing me down or stressing me.

      Delete
    2. I think we all are stressed by different things. I just don't enjoy the same stories over and over, especially if it includes descriptions of what clothes or shoes someone is wearing. LOL

      Delete
    3. I understand that completely!

      Delete
  13. What a wonderful, cozy room. I like the deep colors.

    ReplyDelete