Friday, July 29, 2022

First Line Friday #57- Mr. HOA

Happy Friday, my bookish friends! Any plans for the weekend? We are at my sister's house in Tennessee, we got here yesterday afternoon, had some time in the pool before the rain, and will be here until Monday. I hope to see my brother and his family this weekend as well.

Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am (finally!) reading Mr. HOA by Carina Taylor.

Dear Occupant,

The Board of Health has inspected and declared this building, The Market Street Apartment Complex, unsafe and an immediate hazard to anyone in the complex.

Book Beginnings:  

Dear Occupant,

The Board of Health has inspected and declared this building, The Market Street Apartment Complex, unsafe and an immediate hazard to anyone in the complex.

With the discovery of asbestos and black mold in the walls, it is for the benefit of the residents that we require you to vacate the premises.  

About the book:

Bane Fox knows exactly what he wants in life: financial stability.

He does not want to be homeless.
He does not want to be the president of an HOA.

It’s rather unfortunate he is both of those things.

Oh, and did I forget to mention he has a fake wife?
Yeah, that’s me

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

20 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice, Cindy. I would definitely read this one. Enjoy your time in Tennessee visiting your siblings. Tennessee is so beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne, I am enjoying it so far. I am loving the time with my sister and niece.

      Delete
  3. This looks good. Hope you have a nice trip and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fun read. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun sounding book. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun one! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great time in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first line is from The Secrets Between Them by Susie Dietze:
    Joel Morgan was not in the mood to be lied to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I have not heard of this book, thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a fun read! I'm currently reading Deception by Patricia Bradley and the first line is: "Today was not a good day to die." Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, I still need to read that one too!

      Delete
  9. Wow, sounds like a fun one! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete