Saturday, July 30, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #34, Sunday Post #31, Sunday Salon #25

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am in Tennessee this weekend, staying with my sister, her husband and my niece :) I am hoping to see my brother and his family as
well.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

None.

Library:

None.

Kindle Freebies:

Book Mail


Technically these were bought, but with a gift card for my birthday, so I am calling them birthday gifts 😂

Bought

I bought these at McKay's used bookstore in Knoxville. The prices have gone up over the years but I still got a good deal on them.

Other updates:

I added 7 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 2 books this week, so much going on, not as much time to read.

I did an update on my family blog, it includes my attempts at crochet, one of my birthday wishes 😉, you can read it here.

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

40 comments:

  1. I hope you are having an awesome time in TN Cindy!💜💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thanks :) Wish it wasn't so rainy though, it is ruining my plans for lots of pool time, LOL!

      Delete
  2. I know the official book purchasing rules, and if you bought books with a gift card you got for your birthday, the books count as gifts. lol

    Enjoy your visit with your family! I hope you have a great time with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, exactly, LOL! Thank you, I am enjoying my time.

      Delete
  3. How nice that you're spending time with your family, I hope you enjoy your time in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family blogs reminds me I need to get the genealogy tree going! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I have thought about doing that as well, and have tried to trace some of my grandparents, but then gave up, good luck!

      Delete
  5. Have a great time! I love a good used bookstore...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time with family is so wonderful! I have been meaning to read another book by Jaime Jo Wright, thanks for the reminder. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, your welcome, happy to help, LOL! I hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  7. The Pink Bonnet caught my eye and when I checked GR, I saw it's based on true crime! Yikes. That's an interesting way to create a series.
    here's me: https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I think that is what makes it so interesting!!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. A nice selection of books Cindy! That cover for Christmas in Dixie really appeals to me! Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having a great time with your family. Your books look good. I want to read the Laura Bradford series. It's been on my list for awhile. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, it has been on my list for quite some time too!

      Delete
  10. Books purchased with birthday gift cards are definitely birthday gifts!! Belated bday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas in Dixie looks cute! Hate that I missed out on that freebie, although when I'll get to any of the freebies I download I have no idea! Happy belated birthday and have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, LOL! I agree, I so rarely go back and read the freebies...I keep thinking "someday."

      Delete
  12. Hope you are having a fun time with your family!

    Gift card books are GIFTS yes, you did not pay for them. The haunting and Bonaventure circus draws my attention for sure.

    Have a good week and safe travels!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time! I love a used bookstore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, me too! I go to them as often as I can.

      Delete
  14. I hope you're having a great time with your family! I can't wait to see mine, soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a fun in Tennessee with your sister and her family. I also hope you get to see your brother and his family. :D I'll have to go check out your family blog. I love to crochet and knit, and I also love reading about others' experiences with one or the other. I hope you have a great week! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, I had a good visit with my sister but didn't get to see my brother and his family.

      Delete
  16. Hope you are enjoying time with your family. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. New books (even used) is still fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your time in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you enjoy your new books and your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete