Saturday, August 20, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #37, Sunday Post #34, Sunday Salon #28

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you?  I am still recovering from my superficial keratectomy, I had a follow-up Thursday, my eye looks good, but the blurry vision could persist for another few weeks. I will visit blogs as I can.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library:

Kindle Freebies: none

Book Mail


I got an e-copy of this book but really wanted it in paperback, so I bought it.

Bought

The first book I picked up at my Goodwill when I was dropping stuff there this week. The rest I bought at our Friends of the Library sale...it was for a great cause and I got great deals, but I am still feeling a little guilty about how many books have come into the house recently. I really need to read more of what I own🤦 send help! I also need to put a ban on buying books for a while, sigh. These don't represent the ones I bought for my kiddos too 😂😜 Several of these will be new-to-me authors. Have you read any of these?

Other updates:

I added A LOT of books to my Goodreads shelf this week. I came across the most anticipated christian fiction releasing in 2023 and added books to my shelves from that (plus voted on the list!). I also added all those books above that I bought at the library book sale...🤦 so we won't talk numbers, it's probably better that way 😂

I finished 2 books this week, both audio books since my vision is not letting me read right now. I still need to post the review for one of them.

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

27 comments:

  1. I love the look of so many of those! I hope your eye continues to heal. I wish we had library sales. But then again I would have to ban myself from buying them!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/20/stacking-the-shelves-22/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, this was an annual sale they do once a year, so it was BIG :) they do have a small selection at each location always for sale as well. I do need to go on a book buying ban...at least until I have cleaned out some of my stash.

      Delete
  2. I love our library sales! I've missed them the last few years (covid), but am hoping they'll bring it back again in the spring. I usually walk away with bags of books (I take my sturdy grocery bags with me!) Looks like you got a bit of romance, a couple cozies, and even a thriller hiding in there. :)
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have so many new lovelies to keep you company. Hoping the vision clears up soon too, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a quick recovery! Once Upon A Wardrobe looks good- I've seen good things about that, and as a Narnia fan I'm curious. Eloise and the grump- that title made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I have also been curious about Once Upon a Wardrobe, I love the author of Eloise and the Grump, her books are always hilarious!

      Delete
  5. I hope your recovery from superficial keratectomy continues and your blurry vision subsides soon. Wow, so many books this week. Eloise and the Grump Next Door sure looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your eye heals quickly. 👏👏👏

    Have a wonderful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob Goff speaks to me in his books. I took away a lot from Live in Grace, Walk in Love and Love Does.

    I hope your recovery from the keratectomy continues to go smoothly and that you can get back to doing regular things soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I have not read Live in Grace (yet) but look forward to getting it someday! His books are awesome.

      Delete
  8. We're about to get new neighbors. I hope they're not grumps, lol. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read any of those, but it looks like a great selection. Enjoy your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's quite a book haul! But you're right, the Friends of the Library is a great cause. Enjoy working your way through the stack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of reading ahead for you! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Have a great week.
    http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/08/sunday-book-roundup-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's an amazing book haul! Lots of titles I haven't heard of but definitely curious about some of these. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo! The Purple Nightgown sounds so intriguing, but scary, especially as it’s based on fact. Tolsma’s books have always intrigued me. I’ve not read Susan Meissner’s books, but they’re on my TBR! :p Cushman’s Leaving Yesterday is now on my TBR. I also purchase a ton of Friends books.
    I’m trying to come up with a plan to read more hard copy, personal library and public library books. I feel your pain! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your books look so good. The Patti Callahan book has my attention. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad your eye's healing well. :D My blurry vision now only seems to persist when I'm tired (20 days later). Hopefully, yours will be just as quick. Have a good week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. God bless you and heal you, my friend!! 💐💗

    ReplyDelete