Saturday, August 27, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #38, Sunday Post #35, Sunday Salon #29

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am exhausted, we traveled to Ohio on Thursday, what should have taken 8ish hours took 11, moved my daughter back into her dorm on Friday, and we are back in the car, traveling the 8ish hours back to NC.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: None.

Bought: None. 

Find that someone dropped in MY free little library:


 Other updates:
I added 13 books to my Goodreads shelf this week. I unhauled 6 books from my physical shelves this week.

I only finished one audio book this week, still not reading very much in paper form as my eye continues to heal.

I also updated my family blog with the Share Four Somethings I do each month.

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

32 comments:

  1. I have been doing other things besides reading, so I've got several books going at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hearing about all your driving makes me tired. Hope you are getting some rest this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels to you, Cindy! Hope you're able to get some rest when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, that's a lot of driving, Cindy. Traveling mercies.

    I like how you keep a Goodreads list of books you want to read. I need to consolidate my lists into one place.

    It's always a happy day when someone drops off a good book into my Little Free Library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now why did that come up as anonymous? It's me, Deb!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Deb, the trip home was MUCH smoother than the trip there. This was the first time someone dropped off a book I really wanted to read, but hopefully not the last. The traffic for the library is finally starting to pick up and I am thankful :)

      Delete
  5. That's a long drive!! Even at 8 hours that is long enough, but to have it drawn out!

    I need to cut down my Goodreads list! But then I think what's the harm in having lots of potential books to ask for for Christmas?!

    Have a great week ahead!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/28/sunday-post-46/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Cindy!

    I only add one book this week from Reedsy Discovery. I am trying to take in less and less books so that I can start reading through my own books!

    Hope you will have a good week and happy reading!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mareli, that is EXACTLY what I am doing. I quit Reedsy a year or so ago in an effort to cut down on the places I am reviewing. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. That is a long drive for sure! Three hours longer than expected makes it harder too! Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! The worst part is I couldn't listen to my audiobooks because i was in the car with all the family, LOL! It would have helped the trip.

      Delete
  8. It's a long haul! We just moved my daughter back to college as well. Bittersweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were so successful in unhauling 6 books this week! Amazing! Nice find in your LFL too! Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry your trip took longer than normal. I hope getting everything moved in for your daughter went well, though. I also hope you have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a safe trip. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a good rest this week along with some happy reading. Cheers, vvb32 reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you've had time for a good nap! Moving into dorm rooms should be an Olympic sport. That is exhausting - especially with long drives on both sides. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, SO true!! It is exhausting, and I did nap some on the way home on Saturday!

      Delete
  14. Phew that is a lot of driving in one weekend! Hopefully you can all get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a long drive! Hopefully you were able to listen to an audiobook or read to make it go by faster? Hope you have a more restful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh you're in NC! I'm in Raleigh. I've only been here 7 years. I was in Minnesota before and grew up in Iowa. I love it here because I can have 3 plantings in my garden a year and more herbs are perennials. I hope not having homeschooling will give you a chance to read a bit more for yourself.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete