Monday, August 15, 2022

Yours Truly, Thomas

Title: Yours Truly, Thomas

Author: Rachel Fordham

Genre: Historical Fiction, Christian Fiction, Romance

Publisher: Revell

Source: Library

My review:

I enjoy reading Rachel Fordham's work. I have wanted to read this one for quite a while, so I am happy to finally be able to get to it! I finished this almost a week ago, so now it is hard to get my thoughts in order...so I am actually just going to give you scattered thoughts 😂


I enjoyed Yours Truly, Thomas. I loved learning about the dead letter office as that was truly a unique aspect of this story. I love that Penny didn't just see each letter as "dead" but worried about the people the letter was intended for, or the sender. This sympathetic side of her is what sends her on an adventure to find Thomas...a letter writer. I also appreciated along her journey that Penny discovers true love is not always a fairy tale and it doesn't always look the same.

I enjoyed seeing the boarding house and Miss Margaret again. Once Thomas enters the picture, there is a bit of mystery and intrigue to the story. Thomas and Penny develop a beautiful friendship, despite their first meeting thanks to Penny's unruly dog! Penny and Thomas have secrets they are keeping and once all is revealed, will they be able to hold on to that friendship?

This is a wonderful story of redemption, new beginnings, finding your purpose, doses of humor, and a wonderful, unforgettable cast of characters. 

★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

For three years, Penny Ercanbeck has been opening other people's mail. Dead ends are a reality for clerks at the Dead Letter Office. Still she dreams of something more--a bit of intrigue, a taste of romance, or at least a touch less loneliness. When a letter from a brokenhearted man to his one true love falls into her hands, Penny seizes this chance to do something heroic. It becomes her mission to place this lost letter into the hands of its intended recipient.

Thomas left his former life with no intention of ending up in Azure Springs, Iowa. He certainly didn't expect a happy ending after what he had done. All he wanted to do was run and never look back. In a moment of desperation, he began to write, never really expecting a reply.

When Penny's undertaking leads her to the intriguing man who touched her soul with his words, everything grows more complicated. She wants to find the rightful owner of the letter and yet she finds herself caring--perhaps too much--for the one who wrote it.

6 comments:

  1. I just love the premise of this story. Writing letters is such a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read one of Rachel's books a few years ago (maybe her debut actually) and thought it was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I read her for the first time last year. I am catching up :)

      Delete