Saturday, October 8, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #44, Sunday Post #41, Sunday Salon #35

Hey bookish friends! What are you all up to this weekend? I plan to spend quite a bit of time packing. I also plan to read (of course!).

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None. (But I am dying to go over there and grab up all the books...so far I am still resisting!)

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail

For Review:

 Won in a Giveaway:

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I added 8 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 3 books this week. My review for The Duplicate Bride will post tomorrow.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

September Reading Wrap-Up

Top Ten Tuesday: Physical Books I Own that give off fall vibes

Book Review: Books Can Be Deceiving

Can't Wait Wednesday: Where the Blue Sky Begins

Book Review: A Cry From the Dust

First Line Friday #66-The Duplicate Bride

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

19 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your packing, Cindy. I hope you get a little time to read. It's a busy time for you right now.

    The Lost Melody and The Orchard both look good. It's always a happy day when I win a book in a contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, same! I love winning books!! It is a busy time and I am still reading, but then I end up wondering if I am packing enough each day, LOL. I don't want it to be the weekend of closing and still have a ton of stuff to pack.

      Delete
  2. Packing is ..... exhausting! And it makes you realize just how much "stuff" you really have. I got rid of SO much at our last move. The cover on Lost Melody is beautiful - hope you enjoy it.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I have gotten rid of stuff each time we move. We have been in this house 6 years and accumulated some more stuff. However, I have gotten rid of quite a bit. I am leaving the Free Little Library I started and all the books I have gotten for that!

      Delete
  3. I hope all goes well with your packing, Cindy. You have a nice haul. I need to do a better job at resisting NetGalley like you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I was overwhelmed by all the deadlines and didn't feel like I could mood read. I had to do it for my own sanity.

      Delete
  4. I dread the time when we decide to pack up this house! I wish you luck.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the packing. The mailed books look good.

    Have a good week ahead!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/09/sunday-salon-24/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little bit of packing each day will definitely be less stressful than trying to do it all at once at the end so hang in there!!! You've got this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Hoping to knock out quite a bit tomorrow, today, I am resting :)

      Delete
  7. I hated packing when we moved here. I thought I threw out so much, but yet we still have a lot of stuff. It never ends.

    I've been trying to resist NetGalley too. I want to get a bit more caught up but it's hard to resist.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, we get rid of stuff for every move and this one is no different. But, yeah, we have too much stuff and a TON of books...it's a heavy move, LOL!

      Delete
  8. Hi Cindy! I am avoiding Netgalley a bit at the moment. I might be slightly behind with review books and need to first catch up with all of them before I start loading the baskets again. So yea for both of us!

    I hope you are well and that you will have a wonderful week ahead!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mareli! Glad to know I am not alone! Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the packing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get better at resisting NetGalley books. I've been pretty good with it, but still request more than I probably should.

    https://christianbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/2022/10/weekend-wrap-up-october-7th-2022.html

    ReplyDelete