Sunday, October 16, 2022

True to You

Title: True To You

Series: A Bradford Sisters Romance #1

Author: Becky Wade

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Christian Fiction,

Publisher: Bethany House

Source: Own

Challenges: Mount TBR and Literary Escapes

My review:

Becky Wade has been on my radar for quite a while but True to You is the first book I have read by her.

It will not be my last as she has many other books! My review will not do the book justice, but I will give it my best shot.

I adored Nora. She is a genealogist and a true bookworm. She is quirky, full of life, and optimistic. Her vocabulary reflects her bookish nature and I loved it. John runs his own terrorism/emergency survival company and is a true hero (seriously, a book was written and a movie made!). He is facing some difficult circumstances, and finding his birth-parents is a life changing step.

I loved the relationship between Nora and her sisters, Willow and Britt. There are many interesting characters in the story. From Nora's co-workers to the people she helps.

The absolute best romance. Real characters, with real problems, true to reality. The relationship between Nora and John builds gradually over time, nothing is rushed. I felt the emotions of the characters and gasped out loud at one point saying, "oh my word." I was just as blind-sighted as they were. This story has everything you could want in a contemporary romance: a good friendship turned into romance, humor, tender moments, and a few twists. It gives you all the feels. 

I loved this book. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys contemporary romance books. Don't be like me, hearing about Becky Wade for years before finally reading one of her books. That is my only regret! True to You gets all the stars and a spot on my favorites shelf!!

★★★★★/5

Challenges:

 Washington

Synopsis (Goodreads):

After a devastating heartbreak three years ago, genealogist and historical village owner Nora Bradford decided that burying her nose in her work and her books is far safer than romance in the here and now.

Unlike Nora, former Navy SEAL John Lawson is a modern-day man, usually 100 percent focused on the present. However, when John, an adoptee, is diagnosed with an inherited condition, he's forced to dig into the secrets of his ancestry.

John enlists Nora's help to uncover the identity of his birth mother, and as they work side by side, this pair of opposites begins to suspect that they just might be a perfect match. But can their hope for a future survive their wounds from the past?

14 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, Cindy. I like when it is realistic and the characters are relatable. I also love books with sisters, so this sounds like a winner. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review, Cindy. I have not read anything by this author, but I'll be looking out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they each have such interesting professions. I enjoyed the one Becky Wade book that I've read and definitely want to read more! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, it was so good. I want to devour her backlist!

      Delete
  4. This looks like a great book! I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORED Nora and this book too, Cindy! What a great read. I need to put it back into my TBR pile! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wren, she was such a fun character! I am listening to the second one now :)

      Delete
  7. ADORE this novel. And so many by Becky. She's one of the best in contemporary fiction right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I am enjoying discovering her books!

      Delete