Saturday, October 15, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #45, Sunday Post #42, Sunday Salon #36

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? This weekend is my daughter's fall break, so we are back in Cleveland, house hunting again! We are hoping to find something today so we can enjoy the rest of the long weekend (and ya know, rest 😜).

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley (I broke and requested 4 books this week, I got these 2 lovelies and am waiting on a response for the other 2):

Library (I broke here too because I am getting some mild anxiety thinking of a new library and not knowing if they will have a good selection or not!):


Kindle Freebies: none

Kindle Unlimited (I needed this one for one of my challenges):


Book Mail: none

Bought: (as if I didn't have enough books to pack up 😂) I got really good prices though because I got them at Goodwill


Other updates:

I added 4 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 6 books this week (I decided to read several novellas that I needed for my challenges, and used it to give me a boost, to feel like I am accomplishing something other than packing, LOL) and DNF 2. I still need to post the review for 3 of them (hopefully tomorrow and Monday).

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: The Duplicate Bride

Book Review: Dying for Love

Book Review: Between Stairs and Stardust

Top Ten Tuesday: Last Ten Books I Added to my Goodreads TBR

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Premonition at Withers Farm

Book Review: The Bride Wore Coveralls

First Line Friday #67-The Nature of Small Birds

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

40 comments:

  1. I always get in a lot of books from the library, but I don't feel guilt about them. I don't do any review books that are only e-books as I don't think I (probably just me) get the real experience of a book in e-book format. I did go crazy and visit six nearby libraries and their stores a few days ago...I came home with more than a hundred books, but those are for my Little Free Library and I only spent $30 or so.

    I do hope you are able to find a house you like soon, Cindy! Sending you some good house-hunting vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I prefer the paperback experience too, not e-books, a lot of time the format is funky, which is a turn off! Thank you for the good house hunting vibes, I appreciate it! That's awesome that you were able to get so many books for your free libraries, at a great deal! Even better that it supports your local libraries as well. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I hope you like the new library. I have been reading ebooks from NetGalley and ignoring the library books I have. Luckily, I have the ebook and library book of the same title, so...no excuses not to get to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The number of books seems nearly infinite. I read a lot, but haven’t heard of your selections, mostly. I am really habituated to kindle books by now. Just an occasional printed book.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, SO many books! I do like Kindle books but I STILL prefer to hold a physical book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I have Authentically, Izzy. I requested it because you said the author is excellent. I hope we both enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I hope you agree with my assessment after you read it :) I do love everything I have read by her and have high hopes for this one!

      Delete
  6. Good luck finding a house, and with the packing!

    The cover for Every Secret Thing is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the house-hunting - and enjoy the reading, those look like some fun books

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good selection of books. I hope you have a successful house hunt! Fingers crossed that you find somewhere with a good library! My son still has another week at school then he is off 😊

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/16/sunday-salon-25/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I hope you enjoy the time with your son when he is off!

      Delete
  9. Looks like some good reading in your future - good luck with your house hunting; that's always a stressful task along with the whole packing thing.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys - see my week:
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's to a successful house hunting experience, Cindy. A nice haul this week. I am looking forward to Authentically Izzy and hope we both enjoy it. I'm sure wherever you end up, you will find a great library and maybe even a good used bookstore. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck house hunting! that can be fun. Lots of books in your lineup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A busy book week for you! I also can't resist the library, but I don't fret too much about those ones because if I don't have time to read them I can just borrow them again later. Good luck with your house hunting! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the house hunting! I hope you find a perfect place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome haul! Good luck on the house hunting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They've recently remodeled 3 of our local libraries and they are amazing! I hope yours is too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I moved from MN to NC. The Wake County library in NC is not good. The one in Durham NC is much better. MN was better, my brother's library in FL is better. You can search your new area's library and check out the catalog even if you don't have a card yet. Good luck!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I am currently in Union County, NC and they are really good about getting the books I request and I love them!! They are building a huge new library in Waxhaw.

      Delete
  17. Good luck with finding a house! I hope you find one quickly so you can enjoy the rest of your daughter's break. Thanks for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also broke and requested and bought a few!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We take out stacks from the library when we go! Lol. I like to have a selection.

    I am sure your new library will be wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Jinjer, it was hard but we did find a house and have the offer accepted!

      Delete