Monday, December 19, 2022

The Cubicle Next Door

Title: The Cubicle Next Door

Author: Siri L. Mitchell

Genre: Contemporary Fiction, Christian Fiction

Publisher: Harvest House

Source: Own

Challenges: Mount TBR & 50 Books Challenge

My review:

The Cubicle Next Door by Siri Mitchell is the first book I have read by her, but it won't be my last.

She is one of those authors that write across multiple genres, and I have a few more of her books 😁

The cover of this book is what first caught my attention. It looked like a cute, fun read. It did not disappoint, it is a cute, fun read. I loved the witty banter and Jackie's snarky attitude, especially toward Joe. I loved that Joe never took no for an answer and was constantly pushing Jackie beyond her comfort zone. I loved the blog entries. I loved the Colorado setting. I laughed at the coffin race (you know you want to know more about that, LOL). I adored Jackie's grandmother and honorary grandmothers.

However, not everything was cute and fun. Jackie was dealing with her past and trying to figure out her future. She had quite a bit of character growth. Joe's character growth was subtle, but there. The storyline takes you through a range of emotions before dumping you at the expected happily ever after.

While the book is labeled "Christian" it is not in your face. It is mainly mentioned when it talks about them looking for a church. There is no preaching, scripture verses, or prayer in the book. It's just a clean read. 

I loved everything about this book. 

★★★★★/5

#27 read an office romance

Synopsis (Goodreads):

 Siri Mitchell's insightful, funny chick-lit style shines in this story of putting up walls and tearing them down--all for love.

Jackie Harrison, a computer administrator at the Air Force Academy, is a self-proclaimed geek who must share her cubicle space with the new guy, instructor and former pilot Joe Gallagher. She turns to her online journal to vent and eventually to express growing feelings toward this office neighbor who is everything she is not--fun, happy, and social.

But when her blog is featured as a top pick on primetime news, everyone reads it--including Joe. Will he figure out the words of adoration and confusion are written about him? And will Jackie ever risk expressing her heart offline?

8 comments:

  1. Good to hear you loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. I love witty banter between characters, and there's a coffin race??? I gotta read this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks so fun! Glad to hear you liked it, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added this to my kindle, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete